galaxy s3 trouble

andystrong1

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
last night before going out i put my phone on my girlfriends charger i noticed it not charging and didn't think much of it. whilst we were out i was using it fine, battery was a bit low but should have lasted. as the night went on noticed it was off and thought nothing of it. got back to my girlfriends place and it still wouldn't charge or turn on. back at home now and still not charging, tried everything like taking the battery out blowing on and cleaning the terminals even tried cleaning the charger point. anyone else have this problem? could it be the battery life has expired and need a new battery or would it be the micro charge point? the phone is probably only just over 6months old

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
There has been reports of fried motherboards. Might want to contact samsung

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
last night before going out i put my phone on my girlfriends charger i noticed it not charging and didn't think much of it. whilst we were out i was using it fine, battery was a bit low but should have lasted. as the night went on noticed it was off and thought nothing of it. got back to my girlfriends place and it still wouldn't charge or turn on. back at home now and still not charging, tried everything like taking the battery out blowing on and cleaning the terminals even tried cleaning the charger point. anyone else have this problem? could it be the battery life has expired and need a new battery or would it be the micro charge point? the phone is probably only just over 6months old

Well, if it's not charging at all, the problem is one of the following:
  • Bad Battery
  • Bad Mini USB port
  • Bad Charger
  • Dead Phone

The fried motherboard problem seems to only occur with the variants with an Exynos processor (European versions, and any non-LTE versions). If you have an American version, then you have a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, which is not prone to this problem (although your phone could still be fried, but from something else).

Try a different charger. If it still won't charge, try a different battery (carrier store should have spares you can try). If it still won't charge, then it's a problem with the phone (possibly a bad Mini USB port). You'll have to get it tested at a carrier store or device center.

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like a bad micro usb port, but possibly a charger problem as well. Change the changer and see if that does anything. If not, then try switching the battery. It really does seem like a micro usb problem though. If it's still on warranty bring it to your carrier or call Samsung and they should help you out with a replacement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Don't ignore the cable as a source of the problem. Many people think the OEM Samsung cable is crap, and it's easy enough to swap out and try another.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Samsung isn't the only one accused of selling bad micro usb cables. I don't know if I have bad karma or what, but in the last week, I've gotten 3 bad cables from non - Samsung sources.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't ignore the cable as a source of the problem. Many people think the OEM Samsung cable is crap, and it's easy enough to swap out and try another.

Yup..my cable that came with my S3 was crap, the plug was fine, the cable no. I took the plug and cable back to the AT&T store and they gave me a new one off their retail stock that worked great.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21