I've had my phone for two weeks and have had good luck figuring it out, or finding answers on various Android forums if I couldn't figure it out on my own... I have two small annoyances that I have not yet found the answer for in all my searching.

Vibration on incoming: If I understand correctly what I've found via searching, the phone won't vibrate in Vibrate mode unless I have vibration turned on for all notifications all the time, but it WILL vibrate in Silent mode. I think this is weirdly illogical so I thought I'd ask before deciding that is the answer. I don't want vibration on notifications UNLESS I go into a meeting or appointment where I want everything to just vibrate, so I assumed Vibrate mode would make the phone Vibrate. Silly me. Am I right that I have to use Silent mode for this?

Phone call volume: The speaker is a little loud in my ear and I wanted to turn down the volume - but it seems like if I press the volume buttons on the side of the phone while I am in a call, it doesn't reduce the volume in my ear but it reduces the volume of what the other person hears, so that they thought they'd dropped the call until I frantically pressed the volume-up button again. What did I do wrong? On my previous phone (Blackberry) if I pressed the volume buttons on the side of the phone during a call, they affected the volume in the speaker to my ear.

That's it for now. It's being a fun phone to have, I'm just trying to smooth out the rough edges... Thanks!
    02-19-2013 12:22 PM
    1. Can't help you there - I use the vibrate feature in conjunction with an audio notification and that works fine; I haven't bothered with just vibrate only.
    2. Not sure why you're experiencing that - I use the volume rocker on the side of the phone all the time during conversations, and it increases/decreases the volume of the caller (what I hear) like you'd expect it to.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    02-19-2013 03:44 PM
    Vibration: I believe there is a setting where, if you set the phone on its face on a flat surface, it automatically goes to Vibration only. You should look into that.

Call volume: the rocker switch only turns down the volume I hear during calls, not the volume the caller hears.

Don't have a rooted phone, using stock 4.1.1.
    02-20-2013 08:50 AM