Ok Im seriously having an issue with my weather app, I searched the forums but nothing.

Issue 1: My phone was lying down for about a month off as I had been busy, but I updated it to the Premium Suite and then put it back in its box for safe keeping till I was ready to use it again. So last night I put it back on restored an was seemingly ready to go when I noticed my weather app wouldnt update, I had to pick my location whereas it usually finds my location an set it for me.

Issue 2: I eventually found my location and got my weather but now I installed Beautiful Widgets, same problem "unable to refresh due to connection issues" I dont get it. also, I have the latest version of BW.

I never had these problems with Jelly Bean 4.1.1, I suspect its the GPS but I dont know any idea on how to fix it. My GPS is always ON...Any ideas? TIA
    02-20-2013 11:05 AM
    Go outside with a clear view around you to the sky and run any GPS app, navigation, Google Maps, etc. Give it time to lock in to the GPS satellites, possibly several minutes. Then try your weather location app.

I've found if I put my stand alone GPS away, unconnected, it will take quite some time to initially connect and start acting normal. Your GPS may or may not work indoors, it all depends on your location and building structure.
    02-20-2013 11:56 AM
    Does the app have options for how it gets it's location? Weatherbug, for example, can use the GPS or cell towers for location. If your app is trying to use GPS, and the GPS antenna is turned off, or you're indoors, that could explain it.
    02-20-2013 01:15 PM
    Thanks for the replies so far...tried everything still getting the same issues I manually found my location and set it, temporary solution I guess but I dunno maybe its a bug?
    02-20-2013 04:07 PM
    Is the phone actually active on a cell service? You talked like you might be just using WiFi.
    Weather apps normally do not use GPS, they simply use cell towers because that uses a lot less power, and works indoors.

To verify the GPS hardware is working, try the app "GPS status".
    02-20-2013 10:57 PM
    GPS works I think its my network, I used WIFI and the network
    02-21-2013 01:15 PM