I lost my 4G short cut setting button.

Viewfinder13

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I recently down loaded an update from my phone carrier and lost the icon 4G button on the short cut settings. Not only did it vanish into the abbyss of the S-3. I am told it can not be retreved. Howerver, the carrier update was kind enough to substitue the icon for a new one called Driving mode. For idiots that text while they drive at 70- 75 mph. Can anyone tell me if they have the same problem and if anything can be done to install the 4G icon back. Will be eternaly greatful for the update......lol. :'(

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I recently down loaded an update from my phone carrier and lost the icon 4G button on the short cut settings. Not only did it vanish into the abbyss of the S-3. I am told it can not be retreved. Howerver, the carrier update was kind enough to substitue the icon for a new one called Driving mode. For idiots that text while they drive at 70- 75 mph. Can anyone tell me if they have the same problem and if anything can be done to install the 4G icon back. Will be eternaly greatful for the update......lol. :'(

You can go into the settings and turn off mobile data (Settings > More Settings (Under Wireless & Networks) > Mobile Networks and uncheck Mobile Data. There are also several widgets that allow you to put a toggle on your screen to turn it off/on. HD widgets has one.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Some service providers have released an update recently which removed the 4G option from the network connections. According to companies like Sprint, S3 DO NOT support 4G officially anyway.