I recently down loaded an update from my phone carrier and lost the icon 4G button on the short cut settings. Not only did it vanish into the abbyss of the S-3. I am told it can not be retreved. Howerver, the carrier update was kind enough to substitue the icon for a new one called Driving mode. For idiots that text while they drive at 70- 75 mph. Can anyone tell me if they have the same problem and if anything can be done to install the 4G icon back. Will be eternaly greatful for the update......lol.
    02-20-2013 08:57 PM
    I recently down loaded an update from my phone carrier and lost the icon 4G button on the short cut settings. Not only did it vanish into the abbyss of the S-3. I am told it can not be retreved. Howerver, the carrier update was kind enough to substitue the icon for a new one called Driving mode. For idiots that text while they drive at 70- 75 mph. Can anyone tell me if they have the same problem and if anything can be done to install the 4G icon back. Will be eternaly greatful for the update......lol.
    You can go into the settings and turn off mobile data (Settings > More Settings (Under Wireless & Networks) > Mobile Networks and uncheck Mobile Data. There are also several widgets that allow you to put a toggle on your screen to turn it off/on. HD widgets has one.
    02-20-2013 09:42 PM
    Some service providers have released an update recently which removed the 4G option from the network connections. According to companies like Sprint, S3 DO NOT support 4G officially anyway.
    02-20-2013 10:31 PM
    According to companies like Sprint, S3 DO NOT support 4G officially anyway.

No, that's not even close to correct. What Sprint says is that in areas that do not yet have LTE service the S3 won't provide 4G service. Big difference.
    ttwiitch likes this.
    02-21-2013 09:20 AM