Hello everyone, I am new, and can I just say I absolutely love my Galaxy S3, I got it this past December off ebay, and have had no problems, but this past Saturday, I made the foolish mistake of having it in my back pocket, used the bathroom, and SPLASH hits the toilet. I immediately took the phone apart and wrapped it with napkins, I was miles from home at a restaurant in NYC, and had to wait til I got home to really do anything. I put it in a bag of rice for two days, but I made the mistake ( as I learned from researching before posting) of trying to turn it on when I got home BEFORE putting it in the rice. After the two days of being in rice I went to see if it was working, and it goes sounds like it goes on, it rings with my text messages or if someone calls but the screen IS COMPLETLY BLANK AND NEVER GOES ON, not even a flicker, the blue light on the top left goes on and the menu, back etc buttons are on but nothing on the screen. I want to know is there ANYTHING AT ALL I can do? What do you think is the problem? Is it fixable at all? or is my phone just doomed. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my problem.
    02-25-2013 08:19 PM
    It's probably fixable, but it's hard to say just what will need to be replaced, or at what cost. The only way to find out will be to send it back to Samsung or a 3rd party repair service for an estimate.
    mommyoncloud09 likes this.
    02-25-2013 09:24 PM
    if its fixable ill be willing to pay any sgesstions on third party cpm[anies who fix phones? or is samsung the best way to go? i think id be wwilling to spend up to 300 after that its probably best to get a new phone, i just have so many pictures in there that werent saved to my SD because it was full so id love to save it thank you though for your reply
    03-03-2013 04:11 PM
    I don't know who or where to go to get a phone fixed. I would start by searching 'phone repair' on Google.
    03-03-2013 08:19 PM
    Samsung will get the job done right. Third party can be a little sketchy, but if it saves a few bucks and you want to try it go ahead. If everything is working like the sound and lights it seems it's just the display that needs to be replaced. I think the the display for a samsung repair is around $300 (250-350). However if it's more than the display like microphones and other parts a repair can get expensive. Definetly get a quote on what needs to be done before you authorize repairs. If the cost is over $350 I would just buy a new s3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    03-03-2013 08:54 PM
    If your biggest concern is getting pictures off, and the phone seems to be turning on (except for the screen), you can probably connect it to your computer via USB and copy off whatever is on there.
    You might even be able to use the Google website to install something like Carbon: http://market.android.com/details?id...ikdutta.backup and use that to make a backup of all of your SMS, app data (game progress, etc.). Certainly worth a try before you send it off for repair.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    03-03-2013 09:04 PM