Music over BT and Ford Sync

toddydogood

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I saw the thread about text messaging and ford sync but I am wondering about music being played from the S3 to sync. Yesterday I got a 2013 Ford Edge with Sync VersionGen1 - V4.1.2.F installed. I can play music with BT (saying "BlueTooth Audio") but no song info is displayed on the sync screen. I can do Next and Back playing songs using the car controls but searching for song title / artist does not work. Phone is stock Verizon S3 using Google Music. I have no desire to plug the phone into the car USB port, I want to use BT.

Is there any way to get song info and voice search to work with the S3 and Sync? Do we need to wait for a software update? If so, is a sync update or S3 update?

Thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to say, but there seems to be a plethora of "bluetooth and <your car model goes here>" threads. I can only assume that it's something to do with the Samsung implementation, but since I don't look through any other phone model threads any longer who knows - maybe all of the vendors (except Apple, of course) have their own set of problems.
What I'm trying to say is that if you do a search for "car bluetooth" you'll probably come across many issues that resemble yours. A few of them seem to have been solved by the car company performing a firmware update, but a lot of the threads don't seem to have a resolution.
Sorry.
I have an older Ford, and use a bluetooth "thing" that in turn broadcasts FM, and that's how I listen to music from my phone on the car stereo.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2