imgur: the simple image sharer [1]

I get the above message far too often. It's incredibly random, but I can't check my messages or send any messages when it comes up. I close the app, reopen, and the thing keeps telling me I have no messages. Well first off, I know it's untrue because I just had notifications of 4 new messages, but once this screen pops up, it's over. I can't see any previous messages, I can't type new messages, it's just an annoying .
    I think my previous solutions have been to just restart my phone, or somehow after awhile another person texts me and this app self corrects.
    At first I thought GOSMS was the problem, so I went back to the default messaging app. But the same thing happened with that as well, so I have no idea what's causing it.

Anyone else have this happen and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks.
    02-26-2013 04:45 PM
    Have you tried resetting the cache for the specific app? I have never had this issue come up personally.
    02-26-2013 06:12 PM
    I've had my SGSIII ever since it was released on Verizon, have always used the stock Messaging app, and have never had a problem with it.
    Did your phone come with Jelly Bean, or was it pushed via OTA? If the latter, I'd suggest doing a Factory Reset (if you haven't already done one since the update).
    Frankly, the basic SMS feature has been around so long on so many different phones that it's pretty bulletproof. Once you add in MMS, things may get a little iffy depending on how each OS (Apple vs. Android) and carrier handle things, but even MMS is pretty stable.
    If you're not receiving/sending basic TMs properly then perhaps something flaky is going on with your SIM, or maybe your carrier needs to check things at their end. Of course, the first thing they'll tell you to do is a Factory Reset. :banghead:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    02-26-2013 06:43 PM
    Have you tried resetting the cache for the specific app? I have never had this issue come up personally.
    Yeah the cache has been cleared, and the problem will randomly come up. It's maddening. Especially if I NEED to send/receive texts at that exact moment, and I'm stuck with that page (the screenshot). My blood pressure rises and I feel like chucking the thing! lol
    02-26-2013 07:17 PM
    I've had my SGSIII ever since it was released on Verizon, have always used the stock Messaging app, and have never had a problem with it.
    Did your phone come with Jelly Bean, or was it pushed via OTA? If the latter, I'd suggest doing a Factory Reset (if you haven't already done one since the update).
    Frankly, the basic SMS feature has been around so long on so many different phones that it's pretty bulletproof. Once you add in MMS, things may get a little iffy depending on how each OS (Apple vs. Android) and carrier handle things, but even MMS is pretty stable.
    If you're not receiving/sending basic TMs properly then perhaps something flaky is going on with your SIM, or maybe your carrier needs to check things at their end. Of course, the first thing they'll tell you to do is a Factory Reset. :banghead:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    I had to update to Jelly Bean over wifi when it finally made it to Verizon a couple months ago. Although if I recall, I was having this issue even with ICS.

I'm not even doing anything fancy. Haven't been sending MMS or anything like that. It's basic SMS.

I'd prefer not to factory reset just because I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to Android (came over from iOS).
    02-26-2013 07:20 PM
    imgur is a web site for image sharing: imgur: the simple image sharer

It's also an Android app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...randroid&hl=en

Before criticizing the phone, figure out what application is trying to share with imgur, and remove it. The problem isn't the phone; it's almost certainly an app that YOU installed.

Oh, btw, I never heard of imgur before, but 5 seconds typing it into Google and pressing the search button gave me this information.
    02-26-2013 08:23 PM
    imgur is a web site for image sharing: imgur: the simple image sharer

It's also an Android app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...randroid&hl=en

Before criticizing the phone, figure out what application is trying to share with imgur, and remove it. The problem isn't the phone; it's almost certainly an app that YOU installed.

Oh, btw, I never heard of imgur before, but 5 seconds typing it into Google and pressing the search button gave me this information.
    I used imgur to upload a screenshot of the problem my phone has. Please carefully reread my post before assuming I don't know how to describe my own problem lol.

I have an issue with texting (whether it's when I use GO SMS or stock messaging app), and I provided a screenshot of that issue in my original post (which was uploaded on imgur).
    02-26-2013 10:31 PM
    Well, if you haven't done a Factory Reset since the update from ICS to Jelly Bean, you should consider it. You'll find a lot of recommendations about that when you read through the various threads that describe issues following the upgrade to Jelly Bean.
    Assuming that you have your contacts (and calendar, if you use the Google calendar) synced, you're in no danger of losing that data. So you'll want to focus on backing up your call logs (if you care about that), your SMS/MMS, and your pictures/videos. There's even a new solution available (see Carbon below) that will allow unrooted phones to backup/restore application data (like your progress on My Little Pony)
    Take a look at:
    Call Logs Backup & Restore: http://market.android.com/details?id...gBackupRestore
    Carbon: http://market.android.com/details?id...ikdutta.backup
    MyBackup Pro: http://market.android.com/details?id...id.MyBackupPro
    SMS Backup & Restore: http://market.android.com/details?id...SBackupRestore
    SMS Backup & Restore Network Addon: http://market.android.com/details?id...reNetworkAddon
    Many of them have free or trial versions available; Carbon is the one that's supposed to let unrooted users backup/restore their app data (my phone is rooted so I haven't had to use the "connect to your desktop" feature, but the app data piece seems to work).
    The only issue I've run across is after restoring MMS - if I delete a thread in the stock Messaging app, it gets deleted then immediately reappears, but empty. The workaround was to install Handcent - all I had to do was open/close Handcent and then the offending thread disappeared.

02-26-2013 11:13 PM
    I used imgur to upload a screenshot of the problem my phone has. Please carefully reread my post before assuming I don't know how to describe my own problem lol.

I have an issue with texting (whether it's when I use GO SMS or stock messaging app), and I provided a screenshot of that issue in my original post (which was uploaded on imgur).
    Well, I suggest you learn how to use the forum software, then. Your post refers to "the above error", and the only thing above is the imgur message. If you really want people to understand your issue, make it clear. You can put images directly in your post, rather than expecting people to click through links that often don't show up clearly as links. When you're asking for help, make it easy for people to see what you need help with. None of us get paid for this.

Or, put another way, you don't know how to describe your own problem.
    02-27-2013 08:25 AM