Fake Samsung Galaxy S3?

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I thnk its probably painful obvious to everyone on here that's a fake phone. Onthat first picture, are the sensors and front facing camera to the left of the earpiece? that should have been your first clue right there. You got ripped off big time. I get that you wanted the phone bad and thought you were getting a good deal, but you do know what a GS3 looks like right?

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You can tell its fake also from the back of the phone when you took the back cover off. Your phone is white. When you took the back cover off the phone was a dark color on the inside. If you take the back cover off a white GS3 you will see its white inside, not dark. Here is a site that sells fake S3s. I would not buy a cell phone on this site. All of their cases are fake also.
HIghest quality 1:1 Galaxy 9300 phone S3 Smart Android MTK6577 1.4 GHZ,1G RAM, 4GB ROM, 4.8inch HD screen, WIFI+free shipping-in Mobile Phones from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com

Horse Isle

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Of course I know the different, but my friend is not big in technology, he didn't know if it was real or not because he has an Iphone, and only knows about the Iphone. This was the first time purchasing a Samsung.

I got a real one after the day getting it fake, I bought one off my other friend but the sides are a bit dented, the cover on the back is a little scratched. But the screen & camera and everything is perfectly working, I'm going to buy a new back cover, and get a case to cover the sides up. (y) Which will be interesting, but I love it so far and it's perfect & working fine.

richcuffs

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
If anyone is interested, my coworker received his Fake SIII.

And it's actually really awesome. It runs every game I've thrown at my legit SIII. It plays Nova 3 without a hitch.
Great phone.

Upsides
Everything is on par with the real SIII
The screen is bright and vivid

Downsides
No NFC
He is only getting Edge Data on Rogers Wireless

Its a legitimate option for many people, it's my coworker's first smart phone. I would personally opt for the Nexus 4 only because of the 4G support, but it's almost twice the price.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It's a 100% fake. How did your friend fall for this scam? Almost a year ago we had a thread that talked about counterfeit S3's and the quality of the devices. First thing is the box is not like the original. It should be Samsung's logo on the box not Android. The logo on the back is a big sign that it is a fake as the i9300 have engraved writing of SAMSUNG. The accessories are fake too. Samsung usb and wall chargers are black and glossy. When you take off the battery cover the inside should be white not black, and the oem battery should have samsung logos on it also. I hope your friend paid no more than ~$150 for this.

bboy2143

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Your friend should've done research on the phone before buying. Let alone knowing what the phone actually looks like before purchasing it. I feel bad for your friend though :(

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

leithq

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
i had just had hands-on experience on quality fake SGS III this morning, still have it with me, belong to my colleague.

this is nuts, the fake SGS III i tested using quadcore qualcomm MSM8960 1.4Ghz & PowerVR SGX531, antutu score: 12600! , 1GB RAM, quite good 720p screen, quite good back camera.
and it have physical appearance 95% of the real SGS III. i think unaware long time android user would fall for it if they don't own SGS III themselves.

but all those goodies comes with downside like: play store force closed, until this very moment still haven't able to access the google play store
the front camera is badly compromised. the samsung logo on the front and back of the phone have minor flaw, and the home button isn't as good.

i'd say this is a very serious copy of sgs III.

update: no gyro on this device

IMG_20130327_140757.jpg

Last edited:

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
i had just had hands-on experience on quality fake SGS III this morning, still have it with me, belong to my colleague.

this is nuts, the fake SGS III i tested using quadcore qualcomm MSM8960 1.4Ghz & PowerVR SGX531, antutu score: 12600! , 1GB RAM, quite good 720p screen, quite good back camera.
and it have physical appearance 95% of the real SGS III. i think unaware long time android user would fall for it if they don't own SGS III themselves.

but all those goodies comes with downside like: play store force closed, until this very moment still haven't able to access the google play store
the front camera is badly compromised. the samsung logo on the front and back of the phone have minor flaw, and the home button isn't as good.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/leithq/IMG_20130327_140757.jpg

Has a power vr 531 witj a snapdragon S4? Thats abit weird, and the 531 is worse than thr gpu in the iphone 4 lol. I would have thought an adreno 320 that goes with the S4, anyway not a 'bad' fake I suppose

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

bboy2143

May 8, 2012
Visit site

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/leithq/IMG_20130327_140757.jpg

Wow it looks so much like the real one

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
This is the first time I heard of fakes. It's like printing money, and I am sure it is illegal in Thailand too. The only problem is when we buy online, it is extremely difficult to get the bad guys. I am sorry for your friend's situation.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I was going to ask about the imie website.. I didn't think it was legit looking at it. Does the phone work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I think it's illegal and wrong to buy knock offs... Plus no warranty. I can't see myself ever considering it.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it's illegal and wrong to buy knock offs... Plus no warranty. I can't see myself ever considering it.

I dont think its illegal, not in the UK anyway. Its illegal to make a phone that is exactly the same in terms of dimensions, and hardware but buying a knock off isnt

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I dont think its illegal, not in the UK anyway. Its illegal to make a phone that is exactly the same in terms of dimensions, and hardware but buying a knock off isnt

In the UK it's most certainly illegal to use the Samsung brand and logo without Samsung's authorization.Most of the world's countries, and all the western world, have signed international agreements that make importing, selling and purchasing illegal knockoffs of trademarked products a crime.

It's even true, officially, in China, but officials look the other way (probably in exchange for bribes). China manufacturers knockoffs of all kinds of trademarked consumer goods, including content (movies, music), medicines, electronics, clothing, etc. Sometimes the knockoffs are even made in the same factories, on the same production lines, as the official versions. The line shuts down for the night, the managers from the company that owns the product go home, and the locals start a complete new production run using unofficially sourced material.

I'm pretty sure this sort of counterfeiting is illegal in Thailand, too, but again the local officials look the other way. It's good for the local economy.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
In the UK it's most certainly illegal to use the Samsung brand and logo without Samsung's authorization.Most of the world's countries, and all the western world, have signed international agreements that make importing, selling and purchasing illegal knockoffs of trademarked products a crime.

It's even true, officially, in China, but officials look the other way (probably in exchange for bribes). China manufacturers knockoffs of all kinds of trademarked consumer goods, including content (movies, music), medicines, electronics, clothing, etc. Sometimes the knockoffs are even made in the same factories, on the same production lines, as the official versions. The line shuts down for the night, the managers from the company that owns the product go home, and the locals start a complete new production run using unofficially sourced material.

I'm pretty sure this sort of counterfeiting is illegal in Thailand, too, but again the local officials look the other way. It's good for the local economy.

I mean using a knock off in general isnt illegal, the illegal part is the logo brand which is what you said

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I mean using a knock off in general isnt illegal, the illegal part is the logo brand which is what you said

Using a knock-off itself should not be illegal. Now manufacturing and selling should be illegal. While fakes do look similar when seen alone and compared there are a few things that make it much uglier than the actual deal. The fake S3's bezel is nearly double the thickness of the real S3. What that means is the screen is smaller than the real S3, or the phone is physically thicker and wider. The battery life is usually not as good and the internal parts are probably not as of high quality.

It all depends on how much profit the counterfeiters want to make. If they don't care much of profit the could put together a copy with the same parts an still make it ~$200 or lower.