03-05-2013 12:39 PM
53 123
tools
    Naw... I think Seronac has a good point. He may have said it a bit harsh... but he's right.
    03-04-2013 05:15 PM
    nah, no commitment issues, been married for 5 years, together for 11. I am fortunate to have a very nice paying job along with my wife so we can flip flop with phones. I was just seeking some advice, that's what a forum is for.....right??? Sorry, to bug you sir, disregard anymore of my future posts.
    rankar7 likes this.
    03-04-2013 07:07 PM
    Sorry if i was too harsh. And I *am* jealous! I can't even fathom going through money like that. Congratulations on your good fortune.

But, I think having both and switching as desired is excellent solution.

Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    03-04-2013 10:02 PM
    I don't think the iPhone SIMs fit in any other phones. Typical Apple.
    Ummm in order to fit all the stuff in the iPhone they had to use a nano-sim but don't worry the S4 will launch with a nano-SIM and you guys will be having orgasms over how smart Samsung was.
    Alzaeem_502 likes this.
    03-04-2013 10:14 PM
    Hey guys,

I have read this forum for a while and decided to finally post. Let me start by saying I have searched and searched for my question and kinda got answers but was hoping to get more in depth answers, thoughts and analysis. I also posted this somewhere else but was told to move it here.

My problem is NEVER seeming to be satisfied with the phone that I have. My first smartphone was the original droid with the slide up keyboard. I loved it and kept it until i went to Florida to visit family and discovered words with friends. At that time it was only available in the Apple App store so, we immediately disconnected our service with Verizon and signed up with AT&T and both got iPhone 3G's. I loved it from day one and never really missed my droid. As time passed we upgraded to the iPhone 4 and then 4S. I currently have the iPhone 5 but not after a LOT of sampling.

Our contract ended with AT&T so we went back with Verizon and my wife went back to the iPhone 5 but I was getting tired of basically the same thing each upgrade so I went with the Motorola Razr Maxx HD. I absolutely LOVED the phone. The amazing battery, customization and just something new. But after about a week I got what I call the "iPhone itch". I wanted it back, no real reason why cause I was loving my Maxx HD but I was just so use to the iphone. I I took the Maxxx HD back within the 14 day period and exchanged it for an iPhone 5. I loved the 5 but was still not satisfied because it really hadn't changed that much even though I love the simplicity of it and I know how to use it so well.

Fast forward a week and I was like, I want the Galaxy S3, so I sold my iPhone 5 on eBay for a HUGE profit and bought Galaxy S3 with some of the money. Again, I LOVED the S3, everything about it, I loved it 100% more than my iPhone because there was so much more I was able to do with it. But again, after a week iPhone itch came back and I ended up selling the S3 and purchased another iPhone 5.

So now I am back to square 1 with the iPhone 5 which is a great phone but I am just not excited about it cause I can't really do anything to it, but I do love the familiarity I have with it. I really want to switch back to a droid so I can enjoy all of the customization options, bigger screen sizes, and bells and whistles. And I think if I can go for more than a week with it I will become more familiar with it and it will become second nature to me and I will learn little tips and tricks to make it just as easy to use as the iPhone.

Does anyone else go through this, never feeling satisfied because you really want something else but after a bit of time something just draws you back in and you can't seem to get away from it. Even if its vice-versa for you, you want a iPhone but can't stay away from the droid. Anyone have any opinions, insight anything? Thanks for reading my ramblings and I am hoping someone can give me some advice to either stay put or a thought process to give myself more time to get use to something different. I just know how easy the iPhone is to use, and I guess I am not 100% sure if I will ever be that comfortable with another phone. Thanks in advance guys!! Also, if this should be posted somewhere else let me know and i will try to move it.

-Chris
    You will get over it just switch to the Nexus 4 and force yourself to not use it for 3 weeks that's what I did and the itch for the iPhone disappeared(but I still keep my iPhone 5 as well)
    badbrad17 likes this.
    03-04-2013 10:17 PM
    So if you jailbreak an iPhone can you tether for free on Verizon? What about on AT&T?
    You can tether on any carrier with the jail-break tweak so much FUD on these forums about Apple products! (Not specifying this post)
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    03-04-2013 10:19 PM
    You can tether on any carrier with the jail-break tweak so much FUD on these forums about Apple products! (Not specifying this post)
    I read somewhere that ATT can detect you tethering if you have unlimited data and will throttle you if they detect it, is that true?
    03-04-2013 10:27 PM
    I have an S3, IP4s and getting the 5 soon I have the same apple itch sometimes when I just feel for a change, wen I dont want to customize I just want plain ole normal boring, even though the S3 is jus so perfect sumthin about apple jus adds a teeny bit of color to my world, so I just go in my desk and make the switch, if youre able to have the luxury and not be poor and broke enjoy it, there are less fortunate yes but there are also richer than u who squander every dime n nt the least bit happier for it...so enjoy if u can...
    03-04-2013 11:30 PM
    I have the same apple itch sometimes
    I think there is an ointment for that. Ask your pharmacist.
    03-04-2013 11:34 PM
    I read somewhere that ATT can detect you tethering if you have unlimited data and will throttle you if they detect it, is that true?
    Yes it is but that also happens to Verizon customers, Now I am sorry I can't help you much anymore since I live in New Zealand not America.
    03-04-2013 11:51 PM
    Yes it is but that also happens to Verizon customers
    Verizon doesn't throttle those on unlimited. It is the ONLY reason I stay on Verizon - best 4G LTE network in the world, I have unlimited data and they don't throttle!
    03-05-2013 12:00 AM
    Verizon doesn't throttle those on unlimited. It is the ONLY reason I stay on Verizon - best 4G LTE network in the world, I have unlimited data and they don't throttle!
    In my country LTE just came out(it's not 4G!) and the biggest plan we have is 2GB for NZ$ 100!!!! But when the other major carrier brings out LTE we should get cheaper plans for more.
    03-05-2013 12:04 AM
    In my country LTE just came out(it's not 4G!) and the biggest plan we have is 2GB for NZ$ 100!!!! But when the other major carrier brings out LTE we should get cheaper plans for more.
    Unless you are streaming videos or music or use your phone as your home internet connection it is hard to go above 2GB for just email and ordinary web surfing. I really don't need my unlimited based on current usage, but it is nice when my home DSL gets slow to tether my laptop to my phone!
    03-05-2013 12:08 AM
    Unless you are streaming videos or music or use your phone as your home internet connection it is hard to go above 2GB for just email and ordinary web surfing. I really don't need my unlimited based on current usage, but it is nice when my home DSL gets slow to tether my laptop to my phone!
    I never go over my current 512mb on my DC HSDPA+ Nexus 4
    03-05-2013 12:16 AM
    It doesn't sound like a boredom issue, because that appears to be what you get with the iphones. I had iphones for 3 years and I will never return to them.

It sounds to me like you are frustrated with android. I mean if you try to do something on it, you are probably thinking to yourself, I did it like this on an iphone, why can't it be like that.

If that is the case, you will never be satisfied with android phones in general because they don't do things the same way as an iphone. You need to break yourself out of that way of thinking. I am trying to do the same with my wife right now. She is using my old iphone 4 and tells me I can have it if I pry it out of her cold, dead hand. I told her, "so there's a chance, right".

A lot of people can't seperate from apple because of their investment in itunes and the whole ecosystem. You have to try to let it go. Android is so much better than ios, but like yourself, they don't want to venture into the wild, so to say.

If you like android, commit. It can only get better with time. You will eventually look at an iphone and tell yourself that your android is so much more. Just being able to choose a device that doesn't look like all other iphones is a plus in my book.

Galaxy S4 or Note 3 for my next. Decisions, decisions.
    cwaldo5252 likes this.
    03-05-2013 12:31 AM
    ^ Along the lines of what she said.
    Since money doesn't seem to be a problem for you (I mean, c'mon, you ditched your phones for a GAME!), keep your iPhone 5 (I assume that has a SIM card?) and pick any other Verizon phone that you like (the S4 is supposed to be officially announced on the 14th; the new HTC One MAY end up coming to Verizon; the RAZR Maxx HD has an awesome battery; etc.) and just swap your SIM between phones whenever you get the itch. If you can't find a way to swap the SIM between phones, just buy another phone and keep both. You could have the two numbers forwarded to Google Voice and just manage one number.
    When you wake up each day, you can just decide - "am I feeling in an iPhone or an Android mood today?"

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    This is exactly what I was going to say.

03-05-2013 01:02 AM
    It doesn't sound like a boredom issue, because that appears to be what you get with the iphones. I had iphones for 3 years and I will never return to them.

It sounds to me like you are frustrated with android. I mean if you try to do something on it, you are probably thinking to yourself, I did it like this on an iphone, why can't it be like that.

If that is the case, you will never be satisfied with android phones in general because they don't do things the same way as an iphone. You need to break yourself out of that way of thinking. I am trying to do the same with my wife right now. She is using my old iphone 4 and tells me I can have it if I pry it out of her cold, dead hand. I told her, "so there's a chance, right".

A lot of people can't seperate from apple because of their investment in itunes and the whole ecosystem. You have to try to let it go. Android is so much better than ios, but like yourself, they don't want to venture into the wild, so to say.

If you like android, commit. It can only get better with time. You will eventually look at an iphone and tell yourself that your android is so much more. Just being able to choose a device that doesn't look like all other iphones is a plus in my book.

Galaxy S4 or Note 3 for my next. Decisions, decisions.
    Just throwing it out there that I know a couple of people that switched from android phones to I phones and prefered it over there android, I personally do like android more and would not switch back unless I was able to customize more.
    03-05-2013 03:18 AM
    Just stick to your iPhone. In all honesty the only real difference is customization. They mostly do the same things like being a phone getting on the internet they have most of the same apps and games. Every time a new android or iPhone comes out it seems as if it is going to be the new big thing. But after u buy it and realize hmm this new phone checks Facebook my email and browses the web just like my 6 month old phone u will be dissapointed. The iPhone 5 is really a great phone. Great screen resolution slim design awesome build quality great camera. There isn't really anything in the android world that is going to blow the iPhone out of the water. Unless u consider changing fonts and launchers a huge upgrade.

cwaldo5252 likes this.
    03-05-2013 03:28 AM
    Regardless of any of my other feelings toward Apple (which aren't relevant here), I personally just don't like the small screen. I've got too used to the S3 that whenever I have to help my mom figure out how to do something on her iPhone, I'm always like, "this is soooo tiny!". That alone would keep me from buying one....but I have a lot of other reasons as well.
    03-05-2013 07:39 AM
    Ummm in order to fit all the stuff in the iPhone they had to use a nano-sim but don't worry the S4 will launch with a nano-SIM and you guys will be having orgasms over how smart Samsung was.
    You can get adapters to use a nano-SIM in other phones. One of my co-workers swaps his between his iPhone 5 and another phone all the time.
    03-05-2013 08:02 AM
    He is right. Using email and browsing (and even using standard apps) is hard to use up 2 GB of data. If you stream music and stuff a lot though it can add up fast.

I stream a lot of music at work everyday and also in the car so I like unlimited (otherwise I'd pay out the nose lol). Below is my average usage (usually 6-8 GB a month) but that is due to all the music streaming from Slacker Radio and also Google Music.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Will the S3 or something else end my "iPhone ITCH" PLease Read and HELP!!-uploadfromtaptalk1362495994086.jpg  
    03-05-2013 09:07 AM
    I understand the itch but its probably something you may have to learn to deal with
    03-05-2013 09:15 AM
    Well you see, when a girl gets to a certain age their bodies begin to change. That's this itch you're describing.

Lmfao, too funny

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    03-05-2013 09:20 AM
    I don't recall which post it was, but I agree with keeping the iPhone, and getting an Android device. You can then root it, install different ROMs, and customize what you want, when you want. With Android, you can also get different launchers like Nova, which changes you whole User Interface.
    03-05-2013 09:33 AM
    Just stick to your iPhone. In all honesty the only real difference is customization. They mostly do the same things like being a phone getting on the internet they have most of the same apps and games. Every time a new android or iPhone comes out it seems as if it is going to be the new big thing. But after u buy it and realize hmm this new phone checks Facebook my email and browses the web just like my 6 month old phone u will be dissapointed. The iPhone 5 is really a great phone. Great screen resolution slim design awesome build quality great camera. There isn't really anything in the android world that is going to blow the iPhone out of the water. Unless u consider changing fonts and launchers a huge upgrade.

for me the customization, launchers and widgets is a huge upgrade.

03-05-2013 09:49 AM
53 123