Will the S3 or something else end my "iPhone ITCH" PLease Read and HELP!!

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Your problem goes deeper than gadgets. You have a problem with contentment and boredom. You are addicted to change, newness and excitement, and probably have commitment issues, as well. See a mental health professional. In the meantime, pick one and stick with it. Personally, I'd recommend the Nexus 4, root it and customize all you want.

Sheesh, spoiled rich kids and their first world problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Your problem goes deeper than gadgets. You have a problem with contentment and boredom. You are addicted to change, newness and excitement, and probably have commitment issues, as well. See a mental health professional. In the meantime, pick one and stick with it. Personally, I'd recommend the Nexus 4, root it and customize all you want.

Sheesh, spoiled rich kids and their first world problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Well its a forum about phones.. So someone talking about trading off phones for others to try sounds legit to me.

Sounds like your just angry you can't do it.. So don't attack him on it :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

cwaldo5252

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
nah, no commitment issues, been married for 5 years, together for 11. I am fortunate to have a very nice paying job along with my wife so we can flip flop with phones. I was just seeking some advice, that's what a forum is for.....right??? Sorry, to bug you sir, disregard anymore of my future posts.

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if i was too harsh. And I *am* jealous! :) I can't even fathom going through money like that. Congratulations on your good fortune.

But, I think having both and switching as desired is excellent solution.

Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have read this forum for a while and decided to finally post. Let me start by saying I have searched and searched for my question and kinda got answers but was hoping to get more in depth answers, thoughts and analysis. I also posted this somewhere else but was told to move it here.

My problem is NEVER seeming to be satisfied with the phone that I have. My first smartphone was the original droid with the slide up keyboard. I loved it and kept it until i went to Florida to visit family and discovered words with friends. At that time it was only available in the Apple App store so, we immediately disconnected our service with Verizon and signed up with AT&T and both got iPhone 3G's. I loved it from day one and never really missed my droid. As time passed we upgraded to the iPhone 4 and then 4S. I currently have the iPhone 5 but not after a LOT of sampling.

Our contract ended with AT&T so we went back with Verizon and my wife went back to the iPhone 5 but I was getting tired of basically the same thing each upgrade so I went with the Motorola Razr Maxx HD. I absolutely LOVED the phone. The amazing battery, customization and just something new. But after about a week I got what I call the "iPhone itch". I wanted it back, no real reason why cause I was loving my Maxx HD but I was just so use to the iphone. I I took the Maxxx HD back within the 14 day period and exchanged it for an iPhone 5. I loved the 5 but was still not satisfied because it really hadn't changed that much even though I love the simplicity of it and I know how to use it so well.

Fast forward a week and I was like, I want the Galaxy S3, so I sold my iPhone 5 on eBay for a HUGE profit and bought Galaxy S3 with some of the money. Again, I LOVED the S3, everything about it, I loved it 100% more than my iPhone because there was so much more I was able to do with it. But again, after a week iPhone itch came back and I ended up selling the S3 and purchased another iPhone 5.

So now I am back to square 1 with the iPhone 5 which is a great phone but I am just not excited about it cause I can't really do anything to it, but I do love the familiarity I have with it. I really want to switch back to a droid so I can enjoy all of the customization options, bigger screen sizes, and bells and whistles. And I think if I can go for more than a week with it I will become more familiar with it and it will become second nature to me and I will learn little tips and tricks to make it just as easy to use as the iPhone.

Does anyone else go through this, never feeling satisfied because you really want something else but after a bit of time something just draws you back in and you can't seem to get away from it. Even if its vice-versa for you, you want a iPhone but can't stay away from the droid. Anyone have any opinions, insight anything? Thanks for reading my ramblings and I am hoping someone can give me some advice to either stay put or a thought process to give myself more time to get use to something different. I just know how easy the iPhone is to use, and I guess I am not 100% sure if I will ever be that comfortable with another phone. Thanks in advance guys!! Also, if this should be posted somewhere else let me know and i will try to move it.

-Chris
You will get over it just switch to the Nexus 4 and force yourself to not use it for 3 weeks that's what I did and the itch for the iPhone disappeared(but I still keep my iPhone 5 as well)

3neekimmy

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an S3, IP4s and getting the 5 soon I have the same apple itch sometimes when I just feel for a change, wen I dont want to customize I just want plain ole normal boring, even though the S3 is jus so perfect sumthin about apple jus adds a teeny bit of color to my world, so I just go in my desk and make the switch, if youre able to have the luxury and not be poor and broke enjoy it, there are less fortunate yes but there are also richer than u who squander every dime n nt the least bit happier for it...so enjoy if u can...

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Verizon doesn't throttle those on unlimited. It is the ONLY reason I stay on Verizon - best 4G LTE network in the world, I have unlimited data and they don't throttle!

In my country LTE just came out(it's not 4G!) and the biggest plan we have is 2GB for NZ$ 100!!!! But when the other major carrier brings out LTE we should get cheaper plans for more.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
In my country LTE just came out(it's not 4G!) and the biggest plan we have is 2GB for NZ$ 100!!!! But when the other major carrier brings out LTE we should get cheaper plans for more.
Unless you are streaming videos or music or use your phone as your home internet connection it is hard to go above 2GB for just email and ordinary web surfing. I really don't need my unlimited based on current usage, but it is nice when my home DSL gets slow to tether my laptop to my phone!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Unless you are streaming videos or music or use your phone as your home internet connection it is hard to go above 2GB for just email and ordinary web surfing. I really don't need my unlimited based on current usage, but it is nice when my home DSL gets slow to tether my laptop to my phone!
I never go over my current 512mb on my DC HSDPA+ Nexus 4

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't sound like a boredom issue, because that appears to be what you get with the iphones. I had iphones for 3 years and I will never return to them.

It sounds to me like you are frustrated with android. I mean if you try to do something on it, you are probably thinking to yourself, I did it like this on an iphone, why can't it be like that.

If that is the case, you will never be satisfied with android phones in general because they don't do things the same way as an iphone. You need to break yourself out of that way of thinking. I am trying to do the same with my wife right now. She is using my old iphone 4 and tells me I can have it if I pry it out of her cold, dead hand. I told her, "so there's a chance, right".

A lot of people can't seperate from apple because of their investment in itunes and the whole ecosystem. You have to try to let it go. Android is so much better than ios, but like yourself, they don't want to venture into the wild, so to say.

If you like android, commit. It can only get better with time. You will eventually look at an iphone and tell yourself that your android is so much more. Just being able to choose a device that doesn't look like all other iphones is a plus in my book.

Galaxy S4 or Note 3 for my next. Decisions, decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae