Will the S3 or something else end my "iPhone ITCH" PLease Read and HELP!!

cwaldo5252

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have read this forum for a while and decided to finally post. Let me start by saying I have searched and searched for my question and kinda got answers but was hoping to get more in depth answers, thoughts and analysis. I also posted this somewhere else but was told to move it here.

My problem is NEVER seeming to be satisfied with the phone that I have. My first smartphone was the original droid with the slide up keyboard. I loved it and kept it until i went to Florida to visit family and discovered words with friends. At that time it was only available in the Apple App store so, we immediately disconnected our service with Verizon and signed up with AT&T and both got iPhone 3G's. I loved it from day one and never really missed my droid. As time passed we upgraded to the iPhone 4 and then 4S. I currently have the iPhone 5 but not after a LOT of sampling.

Our contract ended with AT&T so we went back with Verizon and my wife went back to the iPhone 5 but I was getting tired of basically the same thing each upgrade so I went with the Motorola Razr Maxx HD. I absolutely LOVED the phone. The amazing battery, customization and just something new. But after about a week I got what I call the "iPhone itch". I wanted it back, no real reason why cause I was loving my Maxx HD but I was just so use to the iphone. I I took the Maxxx HD back within the 14 day period and exchanged it for an iPhone 5. I loved the 5 but was still not satisfied because it really hadn't changed that much even though I love the simplicity of it and I know how to use it so well.

Fast forward a week and I was like, I want the Galaxy S3, so I sold my iPhone 5 on eBay for a HUGE profit and bought Galaxy S3 with some of the money. Again, I LOVED the S3, everything about it, I loved it 100% more than my iPhone because there was so much more I was able to do with it. But again, after a week iPhone itch came back and I ended up selling the S3 and purchased another iPhone 5.

So now I am back to square 1 with the iPhone 5 which is a great phone but I am just not excited about it cause I can't really do anything to it, but I do love the familiarity I have with it. I really want to switch back to a droid so I can enjoy all of the customization options, bigger screen sizes, and bells and whistles. And I think if I can go for more than a week with it I will become more familiar with it and it will become second nature to me and I will learn little tips and tricks to make it just as easy to use as the iPhone.

Does anyone else go through this, never feeling satisfied because you really want something else but after a bit of time something just draws you back in and you can't seem to get away from it. Even if its vice-versa for you, you want a iPhone but can't stay away from the droid. Anyone have any opinions, insight anything? Thanks for reading my ramblings and I am hoping someone can give me some advice to either stay put or a thought process to give myself more time to get use to something different. I just know how easy the iPhone is to use, and I guess I am not 100% sure if I will ever be that comfortable with another phone. Thanks in advance guys!! Also, if this should be posted somewhere else let me know and i will try to move it.

-Chris

siczek.p

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Well you see, when a girl gets to a certain age their bodies begin to change. That's this itch you're describing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
You're probably feeling the itch to also customize. Check out the customized screens for iPhones on mycolorscreen.com

Maybe that'll help you stay with your iPhone. Goodluck.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you want a iPhone but want the functionality of a Android. You aren't going to be able to have both so... Just stick with your iPhone and make due.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, you could get an Android phone and then root it. This would allow you to put MIUI on it, which is a ROM that is very much like iOS in appearance.

This would allow you to experience both worlds. And once you became comfortable with flashing ROMs, you could have a "new" phone whenever you casted to flash.

Just an idea...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Jailbreak your iPhone 5 and customize it a bit. That'll open up a whole new world for your iPhone and help keep it fresh at least. I don't think you're gonna get over your iPhone itch. I think you should just keep it and make due.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have never liked apple so my opinion probably won't matter. You will never be happy being away from the iPhone. Its like comfort food to you. You know it. Its easy and for you effortless. I have always had Android after bailing out on BB. Just hated the constant reboots. Bad internet and even when I sold it the issues that came with it. You are an apple fanboy and always will be. Nothing wrong with that. My suggestion is save your money and efforts. You can keep spending but it books down to one thing...you have withdrawals for your iPhone. Stay with your comfort zone. I am the save with cars...only Nissan for me. But I am only Android too...:p

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else go through this, never feeling satisfied because you really want something else but after a bit of time something just draws you back in and you can't seem to get away from it.
No, this has never happened to me. I research my phones before I buy so I make a good decision.

iPhones don't appeal to me. Except the pretty cases, lol!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
^ Along the lines of what she said.
Since money doesn't seem to be a problem for you (I mean, c'mon, you ditched your phones for a GAME!), keep your iPhone 5 (I assume that has a SIM card?) and pick any other Verizon phone that you like (the S4 is supposed to be officially announced on the 14th; the new HTC One MAY end up coming to Verizon; the RAZR Maxx HD has an awesome battery; etc.) and just swap your SIM between phones whenever you get the itch. If you can't find a way to swap the SIM between phones, just buy another phone and keep both. You could have the two numbers forwarded to Google Voice and just manage one number.
When you wake up each day, you can just decide - "am I feeling in an iPhone or an Android mood today?"

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Or, use an iPhone as a phone, but also get something like a Note 2, or a WiFi only small tablet, and tether it to the iPhone for data use. You'll need to jailbreak the iPhone, of course, but you'll be able to get your tinkering and customizing itch satisfied with the Android device without giving up the warm fuzzies the iPhone apparently gives you.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
You'll need to jailbreak the iPhone, of course, but you'll be able to get your tinkering and customizing itch satisfied with the Android device without giving up the warm fuzzies the iPhone apparently gives you.
So if you jailbreak an iPhone can you tether for free on Verizon? What about on AT&T?

kolewis

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you want an iphone with the abilities of an Android.... Which just isn't possible. Your best option sound's like to keep your iPhone and jailbreak it, or as another suggested, keep it and get a small tablet or note 2 for the extras.

I had a couple iphones and loved them but I'm a tinkerer. I like to modify and customize. I love my GS3. :)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol