I am new and don't know what I'm supposed to do........But I'll ask this question again, if it's OK...
    I bought a used Samsung Galaxy S3 that is linked to A T&T. I want to change the carrier to Straight Talk, Metro PCS, T- Mobile etc.
    Is it possible to do that? Thank you...J P
    03-04-2013 06:53 PM
    I am new and don't know what I'm supposed to do........But I'll ask this question again, if it's OK...
    I bought a used Samsung Galaxy S3 that is linked to A T&T. I want to change the carrier to Straight Talk, Metro PCS, T- Mobile etc.
    Is it possible to do that? Thank you...J P
    I don't know who T&T is but.... if they are a post paid company then the device is probably LOCKED to their network. You will have to call and ask for the unlock code.
    03-04-2013 07:23 PM
    He was referring to AT&T.

JP,
    Your best bet might be to post this question in the AT&T-specific forum, but I'm guessing that you could get the phone unlocked (as the previous poster suggests), and it should be free/cheap if your account is in good standing.
    I just don't know enough about the alternate carriers to know which ones utilize the same frequencies that AT&T does.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    03-05-2013 02:42 AM
    U need to get in contact with att and get the unlock code or search tha Internet for one then ur free to go jus pop tha simple in and ur ready to roll but I'm not sure if it's a micro sim or not but I have tha t mobile version and we use the micro sim card

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    03-05-2013 10:34 AM