Hi,

I've been reading over previous posts regarding freezing problems on the S3.

Mine has not woke up when I've pressed the home button, froze when apps have started updating, froze while in apps and just randomly restarted itself.

Once I've had to take the battery out and other times I've just held down the power off button.

I haven't loaded any new apps recently. Should I factory reset it or just getin touch with Samsung?

TIA
    03-05-2013 05:47 AM
    The factory reset is a last resort option after you've tried everything else. Give us a list of your most used apps and maybe someone will spot an offender that doesn't play well with others.
    03-05-2013 07:34 AM
    I'd vote for going straight to a Factory Reset - it'll probably be much quicker than the other alternatives. Your main concern is just backing up your current content so that you can quickly get back to a usable state. Take a look at:
    Carbon: http://market.android.com/details?id...ikdutta.backup
    Kies Air: http://market.android.com/details?id...ft.app.kiesair
    MyBackup Pro: http://market.android.com/details?id...id.MyBackupPro
    SMS Backup & Restore: http://market.android.com/details?id...SBackupRestore
    (there are free/trial versions of all of these). Hopefully you already have your contacts, calendar, etc. synced with Google, so you just need to worry about your call logs, SMS/MMS, pictures/videos and the like.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    03-05-2013 10:12 AM
    Morning,

trucky - My most used apps are Facebook, Instagram, twitter, Yahoo mail, candy crush. Then gmail, hotmail and ebay.

GSDer - thanks for those, I'll have look.

Edit - it froze this morning when it started automatically updating apps.
    03-06-2013 02:40 AM
    I've done a factory reset and its frozen about 10 times since...any other advice please?

Plus im not rooted and never have been. Stock TW. Most used apps are google chrome, instagram and carbon/twitter
    03-07-2013 04:15 AM
    After the factory reset, do you reinstall all your apps? That defeats the purpose of the reset. Reset and leave the phone stock, with no 3rd party apps. As in NO apps, not even Chrome, instagram and Carbon. If it still locks up, it would appear to be an issue that will require a trip to where you bought the phone. If it doesn't, then re-install your apps one or two at a time, run that way for a day or two. Keep track of what you've installed, and see what apps you install just before it starts locking up again.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    03-07-2013 09:59 PM
    I would try a different launcher. I have heard of TouchWiz causing the phone to freeze. If you wish to try this option, I would suggest Nova Launcher. If you try it and it still fails, you aren't out anything.
    03-07-2013 11:59 PM
    Update - I disconnected my home wifi from my phone and *touch wood* my phone has been ok. I'm going to leave it disconnected for the moment as I have my mac and ipad at home for internet use
    03-11-2013 07:02 AM