Over the past few weeks it seems that EVERY time I send an email (which is a lot) my entire phone freezes. That is its unable to go home, lock screen, press any buttons etc. It will take about 3-4 minutes for a box to say it is not responding and whether I should wait or close the app. The problem with this is that if I close it, my email will not send, nor save in any of my folders, so I end up having to write it again.

Ive had a lot of trouble with the JB update, but this has made it incredibly frustrating. The email application is by far, the worst ive ever used. Any ideas on how to fix it??
    03-06-2013 06:12 AM
    Over the past few weeks it seems that EVERY time I send an email (which is a lot) my entire phone freezes. That is its unable to go home, lock screen, press any buttons etc. It will take about 3-4 minutes for a box to say it is not responding and whether I should wait or close the app. The problem with this is that if I close it, my email will not send, nor save in any of my folders, so I end up having to write it again.

Ive had a lot of trouble with the JB update, but this has made it incredibly frustrating. The email application is by far, the worst ive ever used. Any ideas on how to fix it??
    Is this the stock email app or a third party? Also since you mention that you have had tons of issues since JB have you tried doing a factory reset (ensuring you back up contacts and also your photos) just to see if that helps?

Sometimes after a big update a factory reset will help fix a lot of the weird things (if you experience them).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    03-06-2013 07:51 AM
    Its the stock email app. I will do a factory reset and see if it helps, thanks!
    03-06-2013 08:02 AM
    I would also try booting into recovery and wiping the cache, and if you can the Dalvik cahche. You can also try wiping the cache of the email. Click Settings>Application Manager>Email app>clear Cache
    03-06-2013 09:05 AM