wallpaper going black?

morinr

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys for some reason my background picture is going black. The top is slowly going black. Not sire why. When I lock phone the lock picture is correct. But in menu screen it is mostly there then top is black.

Thanks

Martinstatic

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Touchwiz, stock. Even after reinstalls etc. No lock screen manager, it happened on 4.1 and still on 4.2. Just fades black from the top gradually.

Shashi Kiran

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes.. Mine is Galaxy S3 JB 4.2.1 official Firmware. Am not using any third party launchers. If I change the wallpaper its appearing fine. After some time screen is going black gradually from the top.
I already did reset 2 times. No use.

Is there any solution?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a stock wallpaper?
How long does it take for the screen to start going black?
If you reboot the phone does the screen "refresh" or does it still stay black?
Have you checked Settings -> Display -> Auto adjust screen tone?
I haven't seen anything like this, but I've only used one of the stock wallpapers.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Wait. You have 4.2? It's not out officially for the phone so I assume that you're rooted and running a rom? Maybe a problem with that rom?

Sent From My Note 2.

Cezar Florin

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem.
using android 4.2 downloaded from samsung official site.
no root no hack nothing on it. the problem appear with default wallpaper, with pictures from phone camera and any other type of wallpapers.
if the wallpaper is changed or reapply it appears ok, or reboot.
But it starts again to fade in black from the top.