I don't know what's wrong with my Galaxy S3.

MegaMetal96

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy is basically bricked right now. It turns on but once I unlock it it's just a solid black screen with the notification bar and nothing else. Every few seconds I get notified that com.android.phone is unresponsive. It's turn off and on on it's own randomly a few times. I rooted my phone yesterday, and everything was fine until I downloaded an app from the play store and started deleting bloatware. I'm sure I only deleted things if I knew what they were specifically to avoid this. I did a factory reset and it was still messed up, then I loaded a backup from before I rooted and it was still the same as when I restored it. I've also now tried taking out the battery, no luck. Has anyone had a similar experience? How can I return my phone to normal? Thank you very much!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My Galaxy is basically bricked right now. It turns on but once I unlock it it's just a solid black screen with the notification bar and nothing else. Every few seconds I get notified that com.android.phone is unresponsive. It's turn off and on on it's own randomly a few times. I rooted my phone yesterday, and everything was fine until I downloaded an app from the play store and started deleting bloatware. I'm sure I only deleted things if I knew what they were specifically to avoid this. I did a factory reset and it was still messed up, then I loaded a backup from before I rooted and it was still the same as when I restored it. I've also now tried taking out the battery, no luck. Has anyone had a similar experience? How can I return my phone to normal? Thank you very much!

what did you download to remove the bloat, do you remember what files you deleted?
despite this you can use Odin to get you back to normal.

Also what carrier variant is your GS3

MegaMetal96

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
what did you download to remove the bloat, do you remember what files you deleted?
despite this you can use Odin to get you back to normal.

Also what carrier variant is your GS3

I can't remember what the app was called, but it was the first result when I searched for "bloatware remover". It was the android mascot dressed as a soldier or similar :-\ Also I live in canada and I'm with bell. I have a SGH-1747M if it matters.

thank you for your help, I'll try using Odin next.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I can't remember what the app was called, but it was the first result when I searched for "bloatware remover". It was the android mascot dressed as a soldier or similar :-\ Also I live in canada and I'm with bell. I have a SGH-1747M if it matters.

thank you for your help, I'll try using Odin next.

I cant find a odin package for Bell, you proably can sign up to sammobile site and download the tar from there

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't know what you installed? How does "NoBloat Free" sound.
That program requires root. I'll bet you don't have it.
You blindly installed and ran a program, with no knowledge of what you were doing.
Sorry, but no sympathy here.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset and it was still messed up, then I loaded a backup from before I rooted and it was still the same as when I restored it.
Doing a Factory Reset on a ROM that may have had some critical files removed probably isn't going to correct the problem.
What kind of backup did you make - a Nandroid backup? What tool were you using?
If you use Odin to restore back to the pre-rooted state (or the rooted state, if that's what you still want; assuming that you can find the correct ROM for your Bell carrier) you should be able to recover your device with no ill effects (other than the scare that you've already received).
As the previous poster alluded to :( you want to make sure you know what you're doing when you root your device, particularly when removing "bloatware". You can usually find a list of "approved bloat" that it's safe to remove in the rooting threads for your carrier; if your carrier doesn't have its own thread then you can look at the carrier that it's based off of.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can find the app you downloaded by going into Google play on your computer and selectong my apps. In case you are curious.

You can fix this as others said by flashing a new ROM in Odin. Factory resetting with the current messed up ROM won't do anything.

Also just FYI bricked means completely dead.. So wouldn't use that term since yours can be recovered. As I always say... Don't root if you aren't going to be careful and read... It's a must or you can cause more headaches and pain instead of being able to enjoy the extra functionality.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan