About 2 weeks ago I dropped my phone and shattered the screen. Such luck, right? Anyway, I bought and replaced the screen myself and the phone works fine. However, the battery life is AWFUL. A full battery will last me about 2 1/2 - 3 hours with power saving mode on and screen brightness at its lowest (with small amount of usage that is). The phone heats up very quickly while in use and even while idle on the charger. Once or twice already the phone has had to stop itself from charging anymore because it recognized it got too hot. I have bought another OEM battery the other day and am having the same problem. So, it is not the batteries. It must be the phone that is causing this problem. Does anyone have any idea what I could do?
    03-10-2013 01:07 PM
    I can only guess that the drop caused more damage than just the screen. But on the chance that it's a software issue:

Have you looked at the battery display in settings to see what's using the power? That would be the first thing to check. Take a screen shot of that, then tap the graph and take a screen shot, go back and tap the row that says display and do a screen shot there. Then post all the screen shots here.
    03-10-2013 02:29 PM
    I check those stats fairly often. My screen usually ranges from 20% to 30%

Sorry the images are so large...I dunno why they are and I'm not sure how to resize them. My apologies!
    03-10-2013 06:18 PM
    Something sure doesn't seem right. The screen seems to be using an awful lot of battery. Where do you have the screen brightness set? Does it dim properly when you adjust the brightness setting? If you have it on auto-brightness, does it adjust when you move from bright light into dim?

I'd almost wonder if it was really the correct screen, but I doubt that anyone but Samsung makes an AMOLED screen that would fit.
    03-10-2013 07:55 PM
    Something sure doesn't seem right. The screen seems to be using an awful lot of battery. Where do you have the screen brightness set? Does it dim properly when you adjust the brightness setting? If you have it on auto-brightness, does it adjust when you move from bright light into dim?

I'd almost wonder if it was really the correct screen, but I doubt that anyone but Samsung makes an AMOLED screen that would fit.
    Well, as I had said, the screen usually takes up about 25% on average. I keep it on the lowest brightness setting available. However, I compared my battery stats to those of others with smart phones. My friend with an S2 says her screen takes up 40% of her battery and her battery life is decent (10-11 hours of full battery).

I am thinking it's a component in the screen that was not installed properly. I may open up the case again and look to see if something is out of place.

Also for addition of information, here is source of the part that I bought from.
    Samsung Galaxy s 3 III Sprint L710 LCD Digitizer Completehousing Blue | eBay
    03-11-2013 06:50 AM
    The percentage of screen use doesn't look out of place, but the fact that is sucked 30% out of the battery in about 4 hours isn't normal. I would agree that something isn't installed properly, or another component was also damaged in the drop.
    03-11-2013 09:35 AM
    Do you have any idea which component it may be that is causing the problem? I'm going to open it back up tomorrow and have a look.
    03-11-2013 11:28 PM
    Sorry, the hardware is pretty much a black box to me. Good luck.
    03-12-2013 11:53 AM
    Thank you for your help regardless.
    03-12-2013 06:20 PM