Experience with Multi-View

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had experience with Multi-View on the Galaxy S3? I'm contemplating an S3 vs Note 2 and though the S3 size seems more convenient it seems like multi-view on the smaller S3 screen would be a little cramped. It is fine for a single app but I'm curious of users experience with the S3 and multi-view. Thanks in advance.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I say it's a bit cramped but still usable...on my Nexus 4-->
wU4DUUX.png

Maybe wait for the S4.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

The Samsung one looked pretty good on the Note2 when I tried it out but I thought it would be too cramped on an S3. I'm not sure if it is even available on the US version of the S3. Seems like only the international version. Is that true? Seems like it would be the major reason to use a phablet. Single screen is fine in a <5" screen. Kind of like with PC's, 19" monitors were fine if you have only one window open, I think the demand for bigger screens 24-26" stems from desire to use muli-screens plus I guess large spreadsheets though I think that is mostly secondary.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
To date, multi-view hasn't been ported to any of the U.S. S3s.

I've got two 23" monitors, and that's barely enough real estate. :) If I had unlimited resources, I'd have three 30" or larger ones.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering when we were going to get Multi-Window in North America... but seeing how the new SGS4 is coming out now... they might hold back the update for a bit to make the SGS4 seem more special.

They really need to setup North America the way Europe and Asia is... so that Samsung can update your phones directly instead of having the update go thru the carriers first.

Yumi Jung

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If we upgrade our meeting process with the latest technology, multi-viewing is crucial during meeting. Especially, on the mobile/tablet meeting, multi-viewing solution which works well is necessary. I used DirectReader for our board meeting, and we?ve covered a lot of ground and the meeting we?ve done is productive. :-[:-[

Last edited: