Facebook (build 141046) randomly downloading to my phone...anyone else?

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Facebook is downloading something to my phone, I have no idea what it is. Never gave access to this, and I manually update all my apps. Pulled the battery to stop it, and it's right back at it. What's the deal with this?

La Duquesa

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
omg Im having the same problem. I reset my phone and it started back up asw soon as the phone turned on. Is there anyway to stop this??

angccat

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
The same thing just happened to me. I restarted my phone and it is still running. I saw another post on another website about this and it was in the same time period as us.

angccat

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I just stopped it. I have an htc one x. I went to downloads, I selected it, and pressed delete. Hopefully you can you do the same.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The solution is to either turn on WiFi, click the download, it will open an in app update. allow the new build to install, or manual force stop the install by going to your download manager and trashing it.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I just stopped it. I have an htc one x. I went to downloads, I selected it, and pressed delete. Hopefully you can you do the same.

Yes, I ended up long pressing it in the notification pull down, hit "app info" and then force close/cleared data and that seemed to do the trick. Unfortunately now i'm getting the process.com.gapps or whatever the error code is. None of my apps are working. Excellent.

LouieO

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing all morning. I finally stopped it manually. I would still like to know what that is or if its really from Facebook?

pellis56

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
angccat you are awesome I spent almost an hour on the phone with tech support and never got rid of it they said the next thing was to master reset my phone. Well I was waiting til I got home from work so I could upload my pics to my pc and after seeing your post and tried it it worked Whoot!!!! Whoot!!! Thank you again, and again, and again. I have been dealing with this for about the last 5 hours maybe longer. You are the one!!!!

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
omg Im having the same problem. I reset my phone and it started back up asw soon as the phone turned on. Is there anyway to stop this??
GN here too long press on the downloading app in the notification pull down then open app info then force stop the download manager then clear data worked for me so far been about 30 min or so

Lesley Smith

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled Facebook then turned on Wifi and connected to a network. It stopped after that. I then reinstalled Facebook. What a mess.

I have a Revolution, by the way.

brittany571

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me! Finally after uninstalling Facebook twice resetting my phone and shutting down the download manager its self it was really that easy lol THANK YOU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz