I have had the problem for months. Then Verizon sent a new phone. It worked great for a few days then it started again. Then hit hit me. I had installed an app called Call Control Call Blocker. I deleted the app from my phone and it has not had the problem for a week. I was having the issue 10 times a day and now nothing. If you have any kind of call blocker downloaded, delete it. Let me know if this helps.
    03-14-2013 04:11 PM
    I received a very bad nuisance call today, but the call didn't show up on my call logs. Is this possible for someone to do?
    03-14-2013 04:17 PM
    I have had the problem for months. Then Verizon sent a new phone. It worked great for a few days then it started again. Then hit hit me. I had installed an app called Call Control Call Blocker. I deleted the app from my phone and it has not had the problem for a week. I was having the issue 10 times a day and now nothing. If you have any kind of call blocker downloaded, delete it. Let me know if this helps.
    Maybe it was just Call Control, and not a problem with ALL similar apps.

I received a very bad nuisance call today, but the call didn't show up on my call logs. Is this possible for someone to do?
    Not sure what this has to do with the OP.
    03-14-2013 08:49 PM
    Not sure what this has to do with the OP.
    LOL. The threads that don't veer into other discussions are a very small minority here. He's asking for help, and his question is at least loosely related to call blocking.
    03-14-2013 10:21 PM
    The problem absolutely, positively is CALL CONTROL.

There are many other posted threads across several websites with people who were having problems with their contacts disappearing. In all cases, CALL CONTROL was installed on their device.

The program's author is denying any responsibility that his software is responsible despite the many instances that have been reported.

Uninstall the software and you won't have your contacts disappear.
    03-25-2013 07:50 AM
    My team faces this issue with many Samsung devices we support (including the Note 2 I just got yesterday) and none of them have Call Control installed. The contacts are on the Exchange server and synced via ActiveSync, they just randomly disappear, usually a reboot (soft boot) will bring them back, but some times a battery pull (hard boot) is needed to get them back.

So I am no so confident that the Call Control app is the real reason for this.

- Bob
    05-03-2013 10:53 AM
    My team faces this issue with many Samsung devices we support (including the Note 2 I just got yesterday) and none of them have Call Control installed. The contacts are on the Exchange server and synced via ActiveSync, they just randomly disappear, usually a reboot (soft boot) will bring them back, but some times a battery pull (hard boot) is needed to get them back.

So I am no so confident that the Call Control app is the real reason for this.

- Bob
    It would seem Call Control was the reason for the OP's problem. I have all of my contacts on Exchange, sync'd with EAS, and have no issues with contacts disappearing at all. It's not something that we see a lot of questions or complaints about, either. I don't think it's endemic to the Samsung devices at all. Perhaps something in your Exchange configuration, or some other standard app that's installed on all your devices?
    05-03-2013 11:17 AM
    Hi there, I seem to have this issue. I don't know if it is an app but I haven't downloaded any new apps recently. Also, my micro SD card all of a sudden reported damaged and needs to be formatted. I don't understand as to why since I haven't accessed it in days. I don't know if these issues are linked or not but both happened today. I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 and I am very new to Android. I haven't changed anything so I don't understand why all of a sudden my contacts images have disappeared and some are missing all together. If anyone can help me, this is really annoying. Thank you so much!
    10-10-2013 07:11 PM
    Hi there, I seem to have this issue. I don't know if it is an app but I haven't downloaded any new apps recently. Also, my micro SD card all of a sudden reported damaged and needs to be formatted. I don't understand as to why since I haven't accessed it in days. I don't know if these issues are linked or not but both happened today. I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 and I am very new to Android. I haven't changed anything so I don't understand why all of a sudden my contacts images have disappeared and some are missing all together. If anyone can help me, this is really annoying. Thank you so much!
    10-10-2013 07:29 PM
    Just to update...

CALL CONTROL is no longer the problem. The app has been fixed.
    11-21-2013 01:32 AM
    Just to update...

CALL CONTROL is no longer the problem. The app has been fixed.
    Was there an update that I didn't get? Hmm.
    My Wife and I both have it. No problems at all.
    11-21-2013 11:18 AM
    It was a problem 6 months ago.
    11-21-2013 11:21 AM