Using Hotmail/Outlook in S3/S4

grkmnl

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I am planning to switch to an S3 or an S4, but I've never used an Android phone before. I've heard lots of positive things and am looking forward to it, but have a question regarding emails.

I was told that I need a Google account to activate the phone, and purchase apps etc. Which is fine, I do have one. However, my main email has been Hotmail for several years now and it's a huge hassle to change every subscription I have in Hotmail to Gmail.

One of the blogs I read mentioned that I'll have to use Google and Hotmail (or Outlook.com) and have Google push Hotmail into my phone.

On another post I read that there's now a new Hotmail App for Android that will push the email automatically.

And on a last post, I read that I can just enter my hotmail account into the Android phone through Account Settings/Adding and everything will work fine (including push).

Ideally, I'd want to use option 2 or 3 (not pushing hotmail through gmail), so I'm hoping someone can confirm the process with me.

Thank you!

Gordon.

kodybrannon

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I just followed the instructions on the hotmail help to put it into my native email folder. I didn't want to downloan another app, and it seems to work good, I don't get many emails on that account.