Every now and then the Google Calendar app forgets what notification tone I tell it to use and selects no tone so I don't get a notification of events. I don't even know how you can select no notification tone for something. In the attached screenshot you can see there's no ringtone name listed under "sound" where it usually shows the name. It's there any way I can fix or work around this? I use Google Calendar as my alarm clock on work days, so I need it to play a tone. My S3 is rooted so I can manipulate the built-in notification and ring tones if I need to. Someone please help!

Here's a thought: what is the default notification tone that this app uses on the S3 (Sprint, if it matters)? I'll just replace that file with my ringtone and see if that sticks because I think it's trying to reset to that. I used to have an issue where it kept defaulting to a really quiet tone and I may have deleted that file in the past.

EDIT: The file is named S_On_time.ogg, I think. That file was renamed with ".bak" in the notification directory. It was awfully nice of me to not delete it. I'll have to convert my ringtone to an .ogg later today sometime. The app usually resets the tone once every other week or so so it may be a long time before I check back in here about if it worked.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Google Calendar Sometimes Forgets What Ringtone I'm Using-uploadfromtaptalk1363632967576.jpg  
    03-18-2013 03:05 PM
    Don't know if your problem is same as I had but when I had my custom ringtone installed on ext SD Card I had a similar issue but when I moved it to phone memory I no longer have any problem. It was suggested to me that this is some sort of timing issue.
    03-19-2013 10:07 PM
    My ringtone has always been on the internal memory, in the provided folder for it. As of yet, it has not reset or cleared it again, but last time it took a long time before it did that again. I just can't risk it clearing one night and not waking me up on time for work.

03-21-2013 03:24 PM
    It clears the notification tone whenever I restart my phone. At least now I know when it does it. Now I need to find out why.

I tried putting an .OGG of the tone I want in the notifications system folder with the name of the time I think it's trying to use but it can't play it for some reason. It plays fine in a normally accessible folder, just not in the system folder (the other .OGGs play fine from there).

03-27-2013 03:44 PM
    I think the same thing is happening on reboot with custom ringtones I've assigned to my contacts. This is a really annoying bug.
    03-27-2013 03:48 PM