Hello,

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this. Gallery is currently sucking up to 30% of my battery life and I can't find a way to stop it! I have turned on my "master sync" in order to be able to see my sync options under my google account and have unchecked the google photos but I do not have an option referring to the picasa web album as other threads have indicated would be available in this location.
    I have gone to "manage applications" in settings as well and have found cached processes for picasa and chose to diasble it completely (despite the little warning about disabling standard apps). I also disabled google+ just in case.
    And yet, still tons of battery going to gallery
    If anyone has a solution to this or any other theories as to what is causing gallery to do this other than picasa I am BEGGING for your help!

I am using v4.1.1 (jelly bean) and under settings my options are only "accounts" not "accounts and sync".
    03-20-2013 04:40 PM
    Hello,

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this. Gallery is currently sucking up to 30% of my battery life and I can't find a way to stop it! I have turned on my "master sync" in order to be able to see my sync options under my google account and have unchecked the google photos but I do not have an option referring to the picasa web album as other threads have indicated would be available in this location.
    I have gone to "manage applications" in settings as well and have found cached processes for picasa and chose to diasble it completely (despite the little warning about disabling standard apps). I also disabled google+ just in case.
    And yet, still tons of battery going to gallery
    If anyone has a solution to this or any other theories as to what is causing gallery to do this other than picasa I am BEGGING for your help!

I am using v4.1.1 (jelly bean) and under settings my options are only "accounts" not "accounts and sync".
    when did you disable all your sync options? you should charge your device fully and check it tomorrow to see if it has changed
    03-20-2013 09:22 PM
    I'll try this, thanks
    03-20-2013 09:47 PM
    Check this out if you are still facing the problem

08-23-2013 05:28 AM
    Root it and uninstall Picasa with Titanium Backup? Of course backing it up first.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using AC Forums mobile app
    08-23-2013 07:02 AM
    After the new software update... When you go into the sync settings to uncheck the Picasa rubbish. The uncheck box is not there. What you need to do is turn auto-sync on to display the boxes. I have a S3 so I just bring down your top short menu by dragging down on main screen. Touching the top right hand corner logo. Then select the sync option to be on. It's Like 2 arrows circling itself. once that is on you go back to your sync settings. Accounts - google - your google account - it will give you a list of things it syncs with only now you can see boxes which you can uncheck. uncheck the Picasa one. go to the applications menu. all - gallery - then clear data and cache. this will remove the Picasa photos from your gallery. then just turn of the auto sync option.

To be able to uncheck what you sync you need auto sync to be on in the new jellybean software.
    11-18-2013 08:52 AM