I have a GNex and it is one slippery little devil! So much so that I can't hold it without a case - yeah that slippery.

That is the downside I see to these plastic cases - slipperiness - otherwise they are lighter than the metal ones which is a plus in my book.
    03-21-2013 11:34 PM
    I have a GNex and it is one slippery little devil! So much so that I can't hold it without a case - yeah that slippery.

That is the downside I see to these plastic cases - slipperiness - otherwise they are lighter than the metal ones which is a plus in my book.
    If you have a case, why dont you use the case, or do what i did with my Gnex , i used a flygrip
    03-21-2013 11:37 PM
    If you have a case, why dont you use the case
    I do, I just like the option of going naked.

, or do what i did with my Gnex , i used a flygrip
    What is that?
    03-21-2013 11:41 PM
    I do, I just like the option of going naked.
    What is that?
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    03-21-2013 11:46 PM
    nice! but I don't like the adhesive. Verizon sells a shell with a kickstand that you can put your finger through that would work the same without the adhesive.

I still would like to be able to hold a phone naked.
    03-22-2013 12:07 AM
    nice! but I don't like the adhesive. Verizon sells a shell with a kickstand that you can put your finger through that would work the same without the adhesive.

the adhesive comes right off, i have used my flygrip on 3 devices so far naked and removed them with no adhesive left to be seen and now im using it with a case. i have never actually had a phone that stuck to my hand naked, i kind of just made sure i held the phone.
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    03-22-2013 12:16 AM
    It tends to be slippery at first but I don't like cases and my phone stays out of a case.

Rooted: Tmo GS3: PacMan ROM : 4.2.2
    03-22-2013 12:17 AM
    I have the SGSIII, and i bought the Androidified TPU case here at AC. It works great. I get the grip that i want, plus i can leave it on while charging. Check it out, as i'm sure that they make it for most phones.
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    03-22-2013 08:28 AM
    I have the diztronic in matte black which is a great case but there are times when I want no case at all. Just wondering if the S3 is any better in terms of slipperiness.
    03-22-2013 08:57 AM
    I have the diztronic in matte black which is a great case but there are times when I want no case at all. Just wondering if the S3 is any better in terms of slipperiness.
    I love the phone, but found it very slippery when i took it out of my belt-clip holster. With the TPU case on, the phone still fits into the holster, but i have a much better grip on it, when i lift it out.
    03-22-2013 09:11 AM
    I love the phone, but found it very slippery when i took it out of my belt-clip holster.
    OK, so the S3 sounds similar to the GNex. I suppose the S4 will be the same. If they would just texture the plastic on the sides of the case it wouldn't be so slippery.
    03-22-2013 09:18 AM

I use the cover with belt clip from vzw, and like it. I can put it on my leg or the car seat, and it stays put.

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.
    03-22-2013 09:34 AM
    OK, so the S3 sounds similar to the GNex. I suppose the S4 will be the same. If they would just texture the plastic on the sides of the case it wouldn't be so slippery.
    I guess that's not their first priority when they build a phone.LOL
    03-22-2013 09:59 AM
    I guess that's not their first priority when they build a phone.LOL
    yeah, but it should be - holding onto the phone is a pretty critical user issue. I guess they figure that most people will use a case anyhow for drop protection, which is true. I would only go naked in my own home.
    03-22-2013 10:08 AM
    yeah, but it should be - holding onto the phone is a pretty critical user issue. I guess they figure that most people will use a case anyhow for drop protection, which is true. I would only go naked in my own home.
    Isn't it illegal to go naked outside?LOL
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    03-22-2013 10:37 AM
    My hox is slipperier than I would like. It feels nice and haven't dropped it naked but it is a constant worry sans case.

I wouldn't consider it due to the OS but have you seen the HTC 8X in stores? The naked case has an excellent gripability feel, almost gummylike, feels like it is stuck to your hand. Afaik they don't have that on an android model. I really liked holding it but have no idea if that would hold up day to day. Also assuming that is how it was designed not the result of people with sticky hands holding it in the store...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    03-22-2013 11:02 AM
    The GS3 is the first phone I've ever put a case on, specifically because it's so slippery. Do not understand what Samsung was thinking.
    03-22-2013 08:43 PM
    The GS3 is the first phone I've ever put a case on, specifically because it's so slippery. Do not understand what Samsung was thinking.
    The s3 was the 2nd phone i took a case off. I actually dropped my iPhone more times than my s3. I think samsung was right

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others
    03-22-2013 09:39 PM
    Right to make the phone so slippery? I don't understand..... How would making it less slippery make you more likely to drop it.
    03-23-2013 10:34 AM
    Right to make the phone so slippery? I don't understand..... How would making it less slippery make you more likely to drop it.
    Im just to use to holding it. Its not that slippery imo.

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others
    03-23-2013 11:10 AM
    The Galaxy S3 does have a glossy back... but it's not as hard to hold on to as the Galaxy Nexus.
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    03-23-2013 01:01 PM