unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped

Nida Shadman

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have samsung Galaxy S3
There is an error occurred
Unfortunately Google Play Store has stopped this error appeared between 2 seconds on and on and my mobile goes very much slow. I switched enabled in downloads .pls help me out I'm tired now:'(

Last edited by a moderator:

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped

did you try restarting the phone? If that doesn't work maybe try a factory reset.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

You can try this: Menu button -> Settings -> Application manager -> All; find Google Play Store, and then Clear cache & Clear data.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Rusu Iulian

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

hy, and thank`s....i`ve tried too your advice....setup....with clear data from play store and till now it`s alright....i hope it`s worked....till now i mean 10 minutes but it`s something...

Daniel Cathey

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Hello everyone,

So, I have the same problem. It has been going on for days and days now. Every few minutes (sometimes faster), I get the message "unfortunately Google Play Store has Stopped"

I am running and un-rooted Galaxy S3
Android 4.1.2
Kernel 3.0.31-861013
No Google Play services are disabled

Here is what I have attempted with Google Play Store:
Clear Cache
Clear Data
Force Stop/Clear Data
Force Stop/Clear Data/Shutdown-Restart Phone
Uninstall Updates/Force Stop/Clear Data/Shutdown-Restart Phone

I have also done all of these things with Google Play Services
I even uninstalled apps that I loaded immediately before this started happening

None of these things have made a bit of difference. The worst was today, when I was using Google Navigation. The Google Play Store alert appeared every minute or less for the entire trip I made (about an hour).

I REALLY don't want to do a factory reset over something as stupid as the Google Play Store. Is there any other advice anyone here can give?

Thanks,
Dan

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Dan,
It sounds like the phone had been working fine for awhile - is that true?
How long ago did you get the OTA for 4.1.2?
Did you do a Factory Reset after that?
Are you sure that you've uninstalled all of the apps that you put on around the time this problem started?
Are there other Google apps (ex. Google +) that you've updated recently?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

thepervster

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

try going to your application manager, then scroll to the right to all apps,go to the very bottom and see if downloads is at the bottom if it is enable it and see if that helps

spoiled_wife

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

try going to your application manager, then scroll to the right to all apps,go to the very bottom and see if downloads is at the bottom if it is enable it and see if that helps
THANK YOU!!! This was the only suggestion that worked for me.

Raj Rockzz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I think I deleted some files in temp folder google play store is not working in my mobile so please tell me what I need to do now ?

Last edited by a moderator:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread? If not, start there. Let us know what happens.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Ethan,
If Google automatically reloaded all of the "crap" (pardon my French) that you previously had on the phone following your Factory Reset, then you're in the same leaky boat that you started in.
You need to use the phone "clean" once the Factory Reset is done to see if the problem is cleared up. Once you've verified that everything is okay, you can start adding back your applications in small increments until you identify the culprit.
The best way to avoid the automatic installation by the Google Play Store is to skip the Google account setup following the Factory Reset. Then go in and manually add your Google account and begin to selectively update only the critical apps. Then use the phone for awhile and add a few apps at a time.

I assure you that this isn't a normal problem or everyone and their brother would be up in arms with Google about this.

Jim Rolland

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

i just removed the play store
will get apks on my pc
since i have avast
non of the solutions worked for me
:(

NITTY0404

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

Thanks! saved me a trip down to samsung service centre!