Thinking of upgrading to Galaxy S3 from iPhone 4, need advice

Mikeyangelo

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 4, but I've seen the Galaxy S3 and can see that it is a lot better than the iPhone in many ways. I'm due for an upgrade with my carrier so I was thinking of switching to the S3 / Android platform, but I'm a bit worried to switch for some reason. I wonder things like - will the S3 be laggy, will it be reliable and easy enough to use, etc... If I don't get the S3 I'll probably upgrade to an iPhone 5. I've been comfortable with iPhone so far and is why I'm having doubts about switching to android / Galaxy S3.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Hamp

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Best thing to do is to go into a location that allows you to use the device. Ask about features that are important to you, don't just let reps tell you what's 'cool' or 'popular'. It's all a matter of preference. If you are ingrained into the Apple ecosystem (own a Mac computer and other devices) then stick with iPhone because you'll be more familiar with them. Don't make decisions because others think a particular device is better than another.....that's all opinion and personal preference. What is great for some may not be for others. Get what suits YOU and your needs.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 4, but I've seen the Galaxy S3 and can see that it is a lot better than the iPhone in many ways. I'm due for an upgrade with my carrier so I was thinking of switching to the S3 / Android platform, but I'm a bit worried to switch for some reason. I wonder things like - will the S3 be laggy, will it be reliable and easy enough to use, etc... If I don't get the S3 I'll probably upgrade to an iPhone 5. I've been comfortable with iPhone so far and is why I'm having doubts about switching to android / Galaxy S3.

Any advice is much appreciated.

While there is a slight learning curve to Android it's still easy to master after a couple days. Android is much much more customizable then Iphone. You can truely make the user interface reflect YOU. Android is open source and not closed like Iphone. The Galaxy S3 is a super phone to have... great specs... great display. Give it a try for a couple weeks. What do you have to lose? See why Android is number 1 in the world.

robinto

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
You should just get the 5, you will not be happy with the s3 it's an awesome phone but takes a while to get used to when moving from an iPhone 4. The 5 will be more of the same just faster. I was all set to buy a 5 then reliesed I wanted something different, more of the same but faster was not really new!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If you're due for an upgrade, I'd recommend waiting a bit because the S4 should be arriving soon and its essentially a more powerful S3, design language and everything is the exact same. Now, will it be laggy? I've seen S3s lag so it depends. It could be all the clutter that comes stock in touchwiz home screens that slows it down when flipping through your home screen. Other than that, not much lag.

But what you should understand is this is NOT an iPhone. One of the main complaints I see from ppl who switch OS is that "X feature isn't on the S3 and I loved it on the iPhone, what's the closest thing to it?" Its too much to find and replace each feature from the iPhone. Doing that, u would be better served just keeping it. Try to enjoy the Android/Touch wiz exclusive features and get use to those. We don't have something like iMessage built in. Get use to that. We DO have tons of useful features though. Be open to exploring it.

And as for ease of use, I think Samsung has one of the simpler interfaces around outside of the Nexus line, so I'd reckon itd be easy to get use to. Don't be shy to look into the HTC line of phones either though. The One looks like its simplified things a bit more than Samsung has. Worth checking out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member