Car mode problem

David Gover

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
My S3 keeps switching on car mode by itself and then switching it off again a fraction of a second latter. on, off, on, off, on, off it's driving me nuts! I never selected the car mode in the first place (and don't know how to anyway!) It's making using the phone difficult at best and now I've had to switch the sound off on my device as it's constantly bleeping on and off! I need help please!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you long-press the Home button, then choose "Task manager", does it show any apps running that may be causing the problem?
Alternatively, you could long-press the Home button, then choose "Remove all".
If neither of those helps, try restarting the phone.
Have you recently installed any new apps?
Is the phone plugged in when this problem occurs?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

paul haines1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same issue as David - My S3 just goes bonkers, changing and going into different apps - The one it goes into most is S-Voice??? I've tried holding down the home button, turning off apps, ending active apps, Clearing RAM, turned off and re-started etc and stil not resolved.
Can anyone else relate or post a fix on here please?
Thanks

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Have you guys completely rebooted the phone? Power fully off, then back on? Maybe do a battery pull, too. That would be my first step.

Are either of you rooted, or running a custom ROM? Have you disabled / frozen any apps?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, it sounds like it's probably a hardware problem, but the one thing you can do before returning the phone / sending it off for service is a factory reset. If it's stable enough, install Helium backup from the Play store, back up to your SD card, then do a factory reset and hope for the best.

Daniel Corns

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriends phone is doing the exact same, we have done everything mentioned even sent it to samsung well we got it back from them and it was fine.....for a DAY then it started again, samsung said they couldnt find any fault with the hardware, im trying to get them to send us a replacment phone as this one is obviously faulty in some way, anyone found a solution please email me as its driving me and my girlfriend bonkers cornzy15@hotmail.com

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Daniel,
Does it exhibit this problem:
1. at random
2. only when plugged into a charger
3. only when connected to an actual car dock
If #1, try a Factory Reset and DON'T reload all of the apps that I'm sure you immediately reinstalled after it came back. Just use it clean for awhile and see if the problem reoccurs.
If #2, have you tried different USB cables or a different charger?
If #3, have you tried a different car dock?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

subhash reddy

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
hiMy S3 keeps switching on car mode by itself and then switching it off again a fraction of a second latter. on, off, on, off, on, off it's driving me nuts! I never selected the car mode in the first place (and don't know how to anyway!) It's making using the phone difficult at best and now I've had to switch the sound off on my device as it's constantly bleeping on and off! I need help please!

Luis H Vargas

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Same problems: phone thinks it is "docked", or turns on S-Voice, all at random. Even "back" button haptics went AWOL for a couple of days! I have JB 4.1.2 with MD4 build. I tried cold reboots and several battery pulls to no avail. I even waited 10-20 minutes before placing the batter back. I also noticed the phone area close to the USB connector got abnormally hotter than usual.

The problem is two-fold:
1) Software: the "dock" mode page is part of the Page Buddy feature introduced with 4.1.2 (i think). To disable it, go into Settings >Display > Page Buddy > disable Docking Page. This is a band-aid. Does not fix the root cause but at least makes it less annoying.
2) Then, there is some sort of hardware issue, i am sure is related to the USB port. I air blasted it but did not seem to help. I then performed another battery pull and after reboot, it seemed fixed. Tried to make it "fail" again to no avail.

Was it the dirt, or did I wiggled something off when I pulled the battery this time? I dunno. To reproduce the problem, I re-tightened the two screws near the USB port, plugged a power cord into the USB connector and wiggled it and nothing happened. Will keep an eye on that area, especially considering how much abuse I know I have imparted to that USB connector.

Good luck
/lv

pukeblue

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I have just bought an s3 and an ibolt matching dock driving mode stopped working when up graded to 4.3 any sugestions would be appeciated

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463