Playing .m4a songs of a SD card.

excimer123

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I have some .m4a songs on my SD Card. I cannot play these using the stock music player as it doesn't detect the .m4a songs but detects the mp3 songs on the same card. However, when i copy these songs on to the phone memory, the .m4a songs are detected and can be played using the stock player.. Is there anyway i can get the stock player to directly play the .m4a songs on the SD Card??

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Im using rocket player works very well for mp3, and mp4a on a 32 gig card.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

excimer123

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Its in a folder called sounds.... But the mp3 songs in the same folder are detected. ... it only leaves out the .m4a songs...
Seems kinda weird as I can play the song but it doesn't show up in the player. ..
Same is the case with Google play music!!!!

docfam78

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I have found the perfect audio player that can play .m4a files on any samsung galaxy s3. No need to convert any bull**** over. I have only used the free basic version but there is a full paid version if you like.
It looks pretty good so far. Search the Play store for: JetAudio.

I just joined this forum, as I searched this question on google and thought the next person could use this information.
Cheers

dido_y

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Its in a folder called sounds.... But the mp3 songs in the same folder are detected. ... it only leaves out the .m4a songs...
Seems kinda weird as I can play the song but it doesn't show up in the player. ..
Same is the case with Google play music!!!!

Simply rename the folder from "Sounds" to "Music". That worked for me.

thomjbrown

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
All of my music is under a folder called Music, BUT the m4a's that don't play are under sub folders by artist, etc. So I really don't want to change every folder to music??? Help...... ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670