Emergency!!! Please help

ILUMINATIUNDEAD

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
So yesterday I was taking a bunch of pictures. Then my phone says the SD card is not inserted anymore. I thought that's strange. So I took it out and inserted it back in and rebooted it. Same thing. I plugged my phone into the computer... I can't find my pictures ANYWHERE ON MY EXTERNAL SD CARD!! I DIDN'T DELETE THEM! Yet all my music is still on my external SD card. Can anyone help me PLEASE??? I'm desperate.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So yesterday I was taking a bunch of pictures. Then my phone says the SD card is not inserted anymore. I thought that's strange. So I took it out and inserted it back in and rebooted it. Same thing. I plugged my phone into the computer... I can't find my pictures ANYWHERE ON MY EXTERNAL SD CARD!! I DIDN'T DELETE THEM! Yet all my music is still on my external SD card. Can anyone help me PLEASE??? I'm desperate.
did you try pulling the card out and using a card reader?

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
same thing happened to me. I think it might be fried. This exact thing has been well documented, for some reason S3s dont play nice with external sd cards sometimes and fail to read them from some point on and the sd card fails to work :confused:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ILUMINATIUNDEAD

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm crying.... noooooo!!!!!!! ;///// this cant be happening! I think it might be fried as my phone was super hot last night. NOOO!!!! Then why are all my music files still on it??? OMG!

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
A search here will show many threads with the same problem. Some have solutions.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you found your pictures in a directory, why not just cut and paste them to your pictures folder? Or u could just upload that folder to drop box

Sent from my SPH-L710 running Liquid Smooth RC2 4.2.2 stable

This. I'd upload all of your pictures to dropbox so you don't lose them. In the future no matter what phone you have always back your pictures up if they are important.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

ILUMINATIUNDEAD

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I solved it by uploading the pictures to my computer and changing the file extension to jpg. Thanks. I seemed to recover my photos. Well 90% of them anyways.