Samsung Galaxy S3 wont Boot

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: Phone wont Boot

Well, that web site you linked to shows ROMs for specific carriers, so I'm not sure which one you should use. I don't have the i9300 version, so I'm hesitant to make a recommendation in ignorance. Someone in the i9300 subforum I linked to will probably have a better idea.

Jaydmk

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

I Just did the same thing can you send me the link to download the images i live in the states to =(

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Jay and liviu: What version of the phone and carrier do you have? As stated multiple times, ROMs are device specific. Without knowing exactly which model of the GS3 you have, no one can point you to the correct ROM. The site linked in one of my earlier posts has many ROMs, but you'll have to search for the one for your specific phone. As you've learned, flashing the wrong one can break your phone.

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Hi there thanks for your blog. My question is this... I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 i flashed with Middel East Stock Rom 4.2.2. and then something happens that now my phone do not reboot in Androir Recovery System to wipe everything from factory and it can reboot in Odin Mode but when i start flashing the ROM it fails. Please help me out with this Thanks!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Sigh. Is your phone a Middle East model of the S3? If not, why did you think a Middle East ROM would work? As has been said a thousand times or more on these forums, ROMs are device and carrier specific. A ROM for one version of a GS3 will not work correctly on another version of the GS3. In many cases flashing the wrong ROM will completely brick the phone, so it won't even turn on.

What ROM are you trying to flash with Odin? Odin requires a factory ROM in .TAR format, and won't load the same .ZIP files you use to flash within recovery.

If you can't boot into recovery, your only way to fix it will be to load a good ROM, designed for your exact model and carrier, in .TAR format, using Odin. You might be able to find the right ROM here: Firmwares | SamMobile , or here: Latest Firmwares | Samsung Updates

Good luck.

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Sigh. Is your phone a Middle East model of the S3? If not, why did you think a Middle East ROM would work? As has been said a thousand times or more on these forums, ROMs are device and carrier specific. A ROM for one version of a GS3 will not work correctly on another version of the GS3. In many cases flashing the wrong ROM will completely brick the phone, so it won't even turn on.

What ROM are you trying to flash with Odin? Odin requires a factory ROM in .TAR format, and won't load the same .ZIP files you use to flash within recovery.

If you can't boot into recovery, your only way to fix it will be to load a good ROM, designed for your exact model and carrier, in .TAR format, using Odin. You might be able to find the right ROM here: Firmwares | SamMobile , or here: Latest Firmwares | Samsung Updates

Good luck.

I already find a the appropiate ROM but still Odin FAIL at the end,i dont even reboot in Recovery System just the Odin Mode My Goodness! What can I do!? Costa Rica by the way.

baixar musicas[/URL

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Standard things to try for Odin problems:

Reboot the PC
Try a different cable (Odin seems very sensitive to data quality) and USB port on the computer. If you're using a USB hub, don't: connect the cable directly to a USB port on your PC
re-install the Samsung drivers on you PC (and reboot after)

Good luck.

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Meyerweb but still remains the same. Did I tell you that when i try to reboot into system a tiny red line at the upper left corner shows. does it means anything? i need to find the answer man help me out plz I dont think the phone is bricked yet cause Samsung Logo Shows up every time i power off and on. I do not know what soft brick is so... tell me...

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I'm not sure what, if anything, the red line means. If you can boot into Download mode, Odin should be able to load a new image, which would fix the problem.

What ROM are you trying to load with Odin. Can you post a link to the file?

s3noob

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Need help downloaded 3d chain now stuck with just boot logo tried recovery mode factory reset almost everything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC