Samsung Galaxy S3 wont Boot

S0NlC1

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
The other day I decieded to Root my Samsung galaxy s3 (GT-19300) (International) running 4.1.2, and then my phone was going great until I decided to install this application called: Chainfire3D (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d&hl=en&token=zzAM0pTc)

After the application installed, my phone went to reboot, but was stuck at the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300 text logo.

the phone stays there, and does not get past this point.

could someone tell me how I can get my phone to turn on again? as I am really scared, and I am not sure if my phone is broken or something.

thanks for your help,
S0NlC1 :-\

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone wont Boot

Perhaps I'm not reading the information for Chainfire 3D correctly, but in the description it states that it's only for Froyo & Gingerbread.
Anyway, if wiping Dalvik/cache doesn't help, and you don't have a Nandroid backup, just put it in Download mode, use Odin to restore the Factory image (or whatever ROM you want) and don't install Chainfire 3D until the developer confirms that it's compatible with ICS/Jelly Bean.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

S0NlC1

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I have tried to wipe the Dalvik/Cache, and I dont have a nandriod backup. also I tried using Odin to restore the Factory image (for me, its: CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4) and it still does not work :(

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I have tried to wipe the Dalvik/Cache, and I dont have a nandriod backup. also I tried using Odin to restore the Factory image (for me, its: CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4) and it still does not work :(

Are you getting some sort of error message when this happens or are you just still getting the bootloop after you flash?

Sent from my SPH-L710 running Liquid Smooth RC2 4.2.2 stable

S0NlC1

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I get no errors when I wipe the Dalvik/cache, and when I connect my phone to my computer and load it into download mode using Volume down + Home and power, I then go into Ordin, and load the PDA, and press start, and I dont get any errors, but still my phone wont boot up, it just is stock on the boot screen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I get no errors when I wipe the Dalvik/cache, and when I connect my phone to my computer and load it into download mode using Volume down + Home and power, I then go into Ordin, and load the PDA, and press start, and I dont get any errors, but still my phone wont boot up, it just is stock on the boot screen

Hmm.. Have you tried doing a battery pull or anything?

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

If you can get into recovery, just re-flash the known good ROM again. Wipe Cache, wipe Dalvik, factory reset, flash.

Oh, sorry, I just re-read the OP. You never did flash a ROM, did you?

If you can find the flashable zip of the OEM ROM, or for that matter any ROM that is known good for your model of phone, copy it to the root directory of your SD card (internal or external), boot into recovery, wipe cache, dalvik, factory reset, boot into recovery again, and flash the ROM from your SD card.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know where Chainfire 3D installs, but is it possible that the OP needs to wipe /system before reloading a new ROM? I can't think of any other reason that the phone would still have a boot problem if he's already loaded the stock ROM using Odin.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

S0NlC1

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

How do I reflash a new rom? (sorry, I am new to the andriod world)

also, a quick update of my problem, I just downloaded the Australian 4.1.2 XSA firmware (Firmwares | SamMobile) and I installed this to my phone in download mode using Ordin. Now my phone gets past the logo, and gets to the Samsung animated logo, and that just repeats itself over and over endlessly

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Do you have the Australian version of the phone? If not, you're lucky it still boots at all. As it says on the page you linked to:

Every device use their own firmware..... SamMobile's advice is to use this only if you are 100% sure!

Earlier, you posted:

CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4 is NOT the factory image. In fact, it's not even a ROM. It's a rooting tool that roots your phone and installs CWM recovery. That's all.

You clearly do NOT understand what you're doing. That's not meant as an insult, just fact. And continuing to throw random things at the phone, when you don't know what you're doing, is a good way to permanently brick it. So let's go back to the beginning. Don't try to load ANYTHING else on your phone until you know exactly what you're doing. First things first: Exactly which model of the GS3 do you have and what carrier are you on?

Last edited:

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Find the factory image, download it and the two boot chains (not sure if your version uses two, I have the USA verizon one and mine needs two).

Flash the two bootchains, flash factor image.

Google for step by step

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

OK, going back to this page: Firmwares | SamMobile

If you look at the drops downs, you'll see there are multiple versions of the Galaxy SIII. The i9300, i9300T, i9305 and i9305T all show they're for Australian carriers. Maybe some of the other SIII models are too. Are you sure the page listed is the right one for YOUR exact model of phone and carrier. If you still have the box, it should give you the exact model. Or if you remove the back, there ought to be a label somewhere (maybe under the battery) with the exact model #. There are many, many different versions of the S3. Each carrier's version is subtly different. It vital that you install only the correct ROM for your specific phone.

S0NlC1

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

OK, going back to this page: Firmwares | SamMobile

If you look at the drops downs, you'll see there are multiple versions of the Galaxy SIII. The i9300, i9300T, i9305 and i9305T all show they're for Australian carriers. Maybe some of the other SIII models are too. Are you sure the page listed is the right one for YOUR exact model of phone and carrier. If you still have the box, it should give you the exact model. Or if you remove the back, there ought to be a label somewhere (maybe under the battery) with the exact model #. There are many, many different versions of the S3. Each carrier's version is subtly different. It vital that you install only the correct ROM for your specific phone.

Under the battery, the Model is GT-i9300

S0NlC1

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Find the factory image, download it and the two boot chains (not sure if your version uses two, I have the USA verizon one and mine needs two).

Flash the two bootchains, flash factor image.

Google for step by step

How and Where can I do this? (sorry, like I said, I am very new to this)