How do you add folders on Nova Launcher prime?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Once you make a folder on one of the Home screens, just drag it into the app drawer.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

jeebs98

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
xRandomRainbowsx: "But how to make a folder in the app drawer??"

To make a Folder in the App Drawer, do this:

Go to Nova Settings > Drawer > Drawer Groups, click on the Folder tab, then click on +Add. Enter the name of the folder, then click Add. This creates the new, empty folder. Now, go to Apps, click on the new folder, click on the three stacked dots next to the folder's name, then click Edit. Place a check in the box(es) next to the apps you want in the folder.

I'm guessing this will come in handy for some.

GSDer: "Once you make a folder on one of the Home screens, just drag it into the app drawer."

This did not work for me.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
GSDer: "Once you make a folder on one of the Home screens, just drag it into the app drawer."

This did not work for me.
Hmm, my bad - I just assumed that would work. Sorry.:(

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
If Nova's free version had folders in app drawer it would have been perfect, but I guess they need to make money, right?
But I can't bring myself to pay $5 and lose core functionality just to gain a few milliseconds while going from home to launch and get some fancy animations.
At least they should have let people choose which functions they want in free version vs paid, so if people want super fanciness they can pay up while others who just want one thing can keep it free.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What do you lose by going to Prime? It does everything the free version does and more. And letting you choose what functionality you get sort of defeats the point of having a paid version.

To be honest, if you can afford to pay $70 a month or more for service, but are too cheap to spend $5 to reward the dev for what is easily hundreds of hours of work (probably thousands), I have little sympathy. :'( Do you work for free? $5 won't even buy lunch any more. It's little enough to pay for all the improvements Nova provides.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
What do you lose by going to Prime? It does everything the free version does and more. And letting you choose what functionality you get sort of defeats the point of having a paid version.

To be honest, if you can afford to pay $70 a month or more for service, but are too cheap to spend $5 to reward the dev for what is easily hundreds of hours of work (probably thousands), I have little sympathy. :'( Do you work for free? $5 won't even buy lunch any more. It's little enough to pay for all the improvements Nova provides.

Did you break your wrist banging it on the table when you read posts like mine and, banging and going "Nonsense! Why wouldn't you pay for the app, it's worth it, it's grea... Bang! Ouch!"
;)

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Not hard enough~ :p

LOL, we should stop before they kick us both out with infraction, some people (MODS!) have no sense of humor on these boards.

Completely off topic...I love your nick & profile pic. Haven't listened to that album in ages. I saw Helloween in NYC a couple months ago (awesome show), but unfortunately, Gamma Ray didn't make the trip. Would have been nice to see Kai live.

This concludes our station identification. Now back to the topic at hand...

And I'm curious, too, what core functionality is missing in Prime that's in the free version? I've been using Prime for over a year and don't notice anything missing.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Completely off topic...I love your nick & profile pic. Haven't listened to that album in ages. I saw Helloween in NYC a couple months ago (awesome show), but unfortunately, Gamma Ray didn't make the trip. Would have been nice to see Kai live.

This concludes our station identification. Now back to the topic at hand...

And I'm curious, too, what core functionality is missing in Prime that's in the free version? I've been using Prime for over a year and don't notice anything missing.

Wait... Halloween was here couple of months ago? Tell me it was in summer because I was overseas in summer (I think that's it, right) I missed it. But I saw Gamma Ray in Gramercy (NYC) in 2011 and met with the band, that was an amazing show, and I also got a chance to catch Helloween + Gamma Ray at BB King Blues all those years ago, here is a nice treat for you:

i-nsbZLqg-XL.jpg

i-9Z7Qf4Z-XL.jpg

in reference to Prime, I don't think I said prime was missing any core functionality, I was just saying free version should have at least included the ability to create folders, it is weird that something that's available in stock rom/launcher gets removed by an app that's supposed to improve experience, unless you paid for it. I am sure it is worth every dollar for the stuff it gets you in paid version, but that kind of makes the free version useless, other than being able to increase the grid, which messes up most widgets anyway, and text gets all out of whack, like USA Today widget for example.

OK, let me squeeze another one, this is from 2008 show. Ok, enough, we officially hijacked the thread..

i-4jT9nj7-XL.jpg

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply...just seeing your post. That's a great shot of the band at the end. When I saw them this year, it was September 24 at Stage 48. We stayed in a hotel right next door. We could watch from our window and see when they opened the door to the line outside. As my wife and I were walking to the hotel, we found Markus and Michael hanging out on the street. Markus was having lunch. We stopped, I gushed all over them for a minute, and got a picture with them. Highlight of my year.

2013-09-24 14.00.21.jpg

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply...just seeing your post. That's a great shot of the band at the end. When I saw them this year, it was September 24 at Stage 48. We stayed in a hotel right next door. We could watch from our window and see when they opened the door to the line outside. As my wife and I were walking to the hotel, we found Markus and Michael hanging out on the street. Markus was having lunch. We stopped, I gushed all over them for a minute, and got a picture with them. Highlight of my year.

Kreepy indeed! Stalking on band members. Tell me you didn't sit by the lobby or the window waiting for them to come out and then went out running to catch them.. Looks like at least you had a time to take the binoculars off around your neck before rushing out. :D
Just kidding with you, that's a great shot. Is Marcus eating street meat? :) Looks like something from one of those halal food carts.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Kreepy indeed! Stalking on band members. Tell me you didn't sit by the lobby or the window waiting for them to come out and then went out running to catch them.. Looks like at least you had a time to take the binoculars off around your neck before rushing out. :D
Just kidding with you, that's a great shot. Is Marcus eating street meat? :) Looks like something from one of those halal food carts.

I don't know what the hell he was eating, but it looked awful. They were sitting down right next to a food cart, but I didn't check out their offerings. I was too stunned to find the two of them sitting there. Michael seemed really aloof...not sure if he was annoyed by my interruption or if that's just his way. Markus was super friendly and gracious.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance