Google Now

richcuffs

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Noticed its actually been giving me relevant updates, kicked in when the Oilers game, but what's up with this?

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365141993214.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365141993214.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 34

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I do believe that is a package tracking notification from UPS. I take it, then, that you have ordered something to be shipped to your place, and a confirmation email was sent to your Gmail account. That's how Now knows package information.

Here's the AC post about a recent update to Now, which included expanded support for these types of cards and notifications.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
gNow still does weird things. Last night it told me a flight from London to somewhere in the Arab peninsula (don't remember which country) was leaving on-time. I for sure did not search on anything related to flights, London, Arab countries, and I don't know anyone who might be making that flight. And if someone's shipping me a package by way of the mid-east, that's almost as weird.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
gNow still does weird things. Last night it told me a flight from London to somewhere in the Arab peninsula (don't remember which country) was leaving on-time. I for sure did not search on anything related to flights, London, Arab countries, and I don't know anyone who might be making that flight. And if someone's shipping me a package by way of the mid-east, that's almost as weird.

Look through your search history and your recent emails. You'd be surprised what might have triggered it.

Before Google fixed it, a few updates back, my phone used to think I was a fan of the Los Angeles Galaxy soccer team. And kept adding them to my Google Now cards. No matter how many times I deleted them from my Google Now settings they would keep coming back. (I live in the Washington, DC area and had never heard of the L. A. Galaxy soccer team.)

It turns out that there were two problems. Google Now was misinterpreting my "Galaxy Nexus" searches as the "L. A. Galaxy" team. The second problem was that deleting an unwanted sports team from the settings didn't stick (due to a bug that Google missed).

Could be something similar happening to you... in that Google Now may have misinterpreted something in your email or your searches.

bkhoste

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Gnow worked great running around Boston, it was giving me historical locations on the freedom trail and places to eat. The only glitch I saw was it would tell me the location I was at was still 15 minutes away. Even with that I think it is a handy app.