Firmware Upgrade Encountered Stuck on Screen

Nathan267

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
My S3 was working fine i plugged it into my laptop to connect it to kies and it said i had a firmware update so i decided to update. Once it started it got halfway through and it decided to say 'Firmware upgrade encounted an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again' so i did and it won't fix it i have tried holding Vol up Home and Power buttons to try and get it to reset screen but it gives me same message. Please help.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You got a real problem there. Since you were doing a Verizon upgrade when this happened, I would take it to the store. For my phone, I've rooted it, have backups, etc., so if anything happened I can go back to a previous stable state. For you, I'd say to take it to Verizon and tell them what happened.

Nathan267

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I decided that before i take my phone to Verizon i would try Kies recovery mode again one more time luckily it decided to work. Since the jellybean update my phone has slowed e.g when i try to open atext message it can take like 2mins, when i try to calibrate phone it fails as it says offset fil missing etc. Should i root my phone to fix this and other problems

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Rooting won't, by itself, fix the problem. Rooting would let you flash another ROM which would likely solve the problem. But before you flash a ROM, you'd want to do a factory reset, and I suspect a factory reset will fix your existing problems.

So try a factory reset first. Note that you'll lose all your apps (which can easily be restored from the play store), and any app settings you've made, as well as any data that's not backed up to Google or somewhere else. So use the Kies backup function to save as much information as you can.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae