Keyboard Spell Check Erases all text on SMS except for first word

Esdras Vera

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
After the most recent update or upgrade Android Version (4.1.2 - Kernel 3.0.31-944783 Build JZO54K.L710VPBMB1) there seems to be a glitch using the keyboard. If i misspell a word but keep typing and later go back to correct the word (using suggestion from program) it erases all the text except the first word of the text message. i checked the setting, etc but still have the issue.

angelsiz1979

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy SIII
No luck with getting a resolution for this problem? I'm having this problem and so is my friend. It's really frustrating. If you choose the word that they recommend then it deletes everything you typed except the beginning word of your text and the auto corrected word. These smart phones are dumb...

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've seen this bug reported on other forums, too. There doesn't seem to be any fix. The only workaround seems to be to replace the keyboard. The absolute BEST keyboard available, IMHO, is Swiftkey.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pe.swiftkey&feature=nav_result&token=6PG4oQx8

If you don't want to pay for a keyboard, the Google JB 4.2 keyboard is free, and most people who have used it think it's way better than Samsung's keyboard anyway:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...plbGx5YmVhbmtleWJvYXJkLmYuZyJd&token=gY1J9isD

Amy Caraballo

May 19, 2013
Visit site
There is a fix! I found it by trial and error:
Go to Settings
  • Select Language and Input
  • Touch the Gear next to Samsung Keyboard (mine is grayed out but still works)
  • On this settings page, touch Input Languages
  • you will notice that nothing is checked (if this is the same issue I had)
  • Check Use System Language

I went in and tested in a text message and now it just replaced the misspelled word in question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678