need help with my samsung galaxy s3. it has a few problems. i hope these things will be resolved.

Jansen Bumanglag

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
My samsung galaxy is about half a year old or probably more. But recently it started acting up on me. 1.) The sd card wont read almost everyday and i have to restart my phone for it to work and i have to do this a few times not just once. And 2.) The music player installed in this phone is annoying. I put together a playlist and then suddenly it will all disappear. This happened all the time. I think this two problems are related to each other as i save my downloaded music in my sd card so i hope someone has suggestions in solving this, i would appreciate it so much. Thanks.

hitsmanj

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
what type/brand of sd card are you using? Several threads here dedicated to this issue and I recall one specifically noting a recall by Sandisk , though others using different brands also have reported problems. I believe most resorted to getting carrier to replace phone as Samsung was not acknowledging any problem. Search "sd card problem" in this forum for specifics. Good luck.

Last edited:

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
It's also possible to have a dying or bad SD card. They have a finite number of read/writes which means the life expectancy is limited. You could probably double your capacity now for the price you paid for the first SD card. No matter the cause I would get in the practice of backing up the contents of your SD to your PC on a regular basis. When bad things happen at least you'll have a recent backup.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The disappearing playlist has been reported by a couple of people, I think, so that may not be related to the SD card. There are quite a few aftermarket music players. MixZing is good, many people like doubleTwist, and PowerAmp is probably the most popular. I think they're all free, so give them a try.

The first thing I'd suggest trying with the SD card is to dismount it (or turn the phone off), remove it from the phone, and reinsert it. Maybe do that a few times, to make sure it's making good contact. If that doesn't work, back up any information you don't want to lose and reformat it with the phone (not a computer). If that doesn't solve the problem, try a different card.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae