12-29-2017 07:06 AM
243 ... 78910
tools
    is there any way to fix this?
    Perhaps you should consider reading through some of the previous posts in this thread?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    05-16-2014 08:33 PM
    My phone screen works, still makes all the noises but the screen light won't come on. Is this expensive to get fixed?
    05-19-2014 10:33 AM
    Welcome to the forums!
    My phone screen works, still makes all the noises but the screen light won't come on.
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'the screen light won't come on' - can you see anything on the screen? Does the brightness just not adjust?

In any case, it's about $130 for a new replacement screen assembly if you want to replace it yourself, although I'm sure you could find used parts online cheaper than that.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    05-19-2014 02:35 PM
    My LCD screen cracked so I took the liberty of replacing it myself. I ordered all the essential repair tools and LCD screen to replace my broken LCD screen. In total I paid... 10 $ bring good deal right?! Anyway, I'm there replacing the screen following every steps of the person showing how to replace the screen from youtube.. Let's just say I wasn't a gentle as the demonstrator was... Whatever I manage to the an okay job I like to think. So when I took of the cracked screen and replaced with the new screen I quickly notice that it was fully intact. the power button wasn't in complete... I figured whatever it will do I guess.
    Once I turn my phone the screen perfect brand new! So far so good the samsung logo appeared. Once at home page when I decide to test my new LCD screen the touch screen wasn't replaying... Upset obviously!... I figured I did something wrong. I tried doing the thing you advice John Kervin up there what to do the volume, power and home key at the same time, got nada, nothing!.. lool how ironic my name is kevin too bunch of dumb dumbs we are lool. So yeah I'm pretty down I thought I could fix it myself I really did but I failed.. My question to you good man what can or should I do?
    Thank you for taking the time help in advance hope you do at least lool thx!
    05-22-2014 08:03 PM
    I sat on my phone and the screen cracked…now the screen won't even show anything. I hear my text message and email alerts when I get a text or email, but nothing will show on the screen. The bottom two buttons at the bottom of the phone light up but nothing shows on my screen….help!
    05-25-2014 08:18 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    the screen cracked…now the screen won't even show anything
    You could try using the Kies software on your computer to backup your information. If you want a DIY solution you can find replacement screen assemblies online - here are a couple of sources:

http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung...ent-white.html

http://www.etradesupply.com/samsung-...-assembly.html

Or you could contact Samsung or a local repair shop.

05-26-2014 07:17 PM
    My phone appear to work (turns on, ring / vibrate when called, the LED light up when charging or if there is notifications), but the screen stays black? What will I do?
    06-08-2014 04:39 AM
    What will I do?
    You will read through the previous posts and follow the suggestions about replacing the screen assembly.

06-08-2014 09:45 AM
    Hi, i recently changed the cracked screen on my galaxy s3 and i think i did everything properly. however the touch screen does not respond to touch any more and neither do the 2 buttons at the bottom of the screen, although they do light up when the phone is turned on and so does the LCD. the phone appears to be working properly in all other ways. can you please advise as to what i might have done wrong. Also while i had the glass screen off, i turned on the phone and the LCD did not respond to touch then either
    06-23-2014 12:13 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    i think i did everything properly. however
    Unfortunately this is an all too common statement when it comes to trying to repair/replace just the glass layer. These components (glass; digitizer; AMOLED display) are very delicate and attempting to fiddle with one often results in the destruction of the others.

Your best bet is to purchase a complete screen assembly and swap the whole thing. Of course, for the cost it may be a better idea to invest that amount in a new phone (the Moto X and Moto G are great values).

theafricanguru likes this.
    06-23-2014 12:29 PM
    Lisa, are you asking for help or just blowing off steam?
    If the former, have you tried restarting the phone since your problems started?
    What kind of update did your phone receive?
    Did you install any apps around the time the problems started?

If you prepare ahead of time a Factory Reset won't take an inordinate amount of time to recover from:
    - be sure your contacts/calendar are synced with Google
    - if you're not using a custom launcher like Nova, take screenshots of your Home screens
    - make a backup of things like your Call Log, SMS/MMS, etc (if you care about any of that) - you can try something like:
    Call Logs Backup & Restore: http://market.android.com/details?id...gBackupRestore
    Carbon: http://market.android.com/details?id...ikdutta.backup
    Easy Backup: http://market.android.com/details?id...pps.easybackup
    MyBackup Pro: http://market.android.com/details?id...id.MyBackupPro
    SMS Backup & Restore: http://market.android.com/details?id...SBackupRestore

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for your information.Like it!
    06-27-2014 03:44 PM
    Mine is just as that. The LED charging button does work, does charge, the middle physical button works, but the screen is all black, and the 2 side buttons seems to have no effect when pressing them, what can I do?
    07-14-2014 10:49 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    Mine is just as that. The LED charging button does work, does charge, the middle physical button works, but the screen is all black, and the 2 side buttons seems to have no effect when pressing them, what can I do?
    If you take the battery out for a couple of minutes and then reinsert it and attempt to power on the phone, what happens? Do you see ANYTHING on the screen? Do you hear any audio?

07-15-2014 07:53 PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    this might sound dumb, but are the LCD and the digitizer the same thing or are they 2 different components? Does the digitizer sit between the glass screen and the LCD?

thanks again for your help
    07-19-2014 02:37 AM
    Thanks for your reply.
    this might sound dumb, but are the LCD and the digitizer the same thing or are they 2 different components? Does the digitizer sit between the glass screen and the LCD?

thanks again for your help
    You asked that in another thread. Look there for your answer.
    Don't cross post.

AC App on SGS3
    theafricanguru likes this.
    07-19-2014 06:28 AM
    Hey, my phone recently did what you assumed hers did. My phone slipped out of my hands and landed on the floor. Nothing broke or cracked. But the screen, as you stated is black and I still get vibrations and led light.
    07-22-2014 04:20 PM
    I have a Samsung galaxy s3 model #SGH-1747M carrier MTS my screen is completely dark but it still has touch responsiveness I still hear the water sound when I swipe the screen after it first boots up I have updated the firmware to the latest version I have tried a factory reboot and it shows me nothing on the screen I suspect my screen may be shot the phone is already over a year old so no warranty can I buy the screen and replace it myself? repair shops want $230 to fix it if this is the issue and there is a cheaper option please let me know
    07-30-2014 11:57 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    can I buy the screen and replace it myself?
    You certainly can! I'd recommend buying the complete screen assembly rather than trying to mess with parts - here are a couple of sources:

http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung...ent-white.html

http://www.etradesupply.com/samsung-...-assembly.html

and I'm sure you can find used screens even cheaper online. You can also find teardown instructions online (YouTube; IFixit), so as long as you review that stuff first and take your time you should have no problems.

07-31-2014 02:07 AM
    yea I have the galaxy s3 now and it was working fine until I left for college, forgot a charger, and bought a cheap one from a convenient store.
    My phone will work okay, then it will start quaking apps and I will have to go back to the home screen to regain control and to cancel the apps, then I lock the phone and I press the power button, and the touchscreen wont work at all. everything else works, im getting messages and I can see that, I just cant use the touchscreen. if anyone has found a sure fix then please share
    08-20-2014 11:02 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    My phone will work okay, then it will start quaking apps and I will have to go back to the home screen to regain control and to cancel the apps
    I'm not sure what you meant to type ('quaking' apps?) but you should try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 - if your phone starts behaving correctly then you have some 3rd party software causing your problems.

If you're having problems with the battery not charging properly or not holding a charge, that could cause strange behavior - simplest thing to do is to try another battery (with 40 million of these things around, you must know someone that has an S3 that you can borrow a battery from for a quick check).

08-21-2014 01:34 AM
    I have followed everyone of these steps, my screen turns on but I'm unable to interact and push the languages what should I do now.
    08-22-2014 08:48 PM
    The carrie of my android is Virgin Moblie. And the phone comes on but it stays on a black screen through out everything i try and do i can still recieve texts , phone calls and ect..its just the screen stays black at all time and sometimes it start back flickering.
    09-03-2014 12:05 AM
    Welcome to the forums!
    the phone comes on but it stays on a black screen
    The problem is most likely with your screen assembly - you just need to get that replaced.
    If you can't find one under $100 it may be more cost effective to apply that money towards a new (off contract) phone.

09-03-2014 04:57 PM
    i ran into a screen problem. when i turn on my phone it rings,vibrates and the LED light turns on but the screen stays black. I can also hear my notifications ring when i go in. i wonder if my screen disconnected or something. i hope someone can help me out with this or tell me what i should do to fix it
    09-12-2014 03:12 PM
    go to you tube and search for "samsung s3 touch screen problem" you will find my video .. I fixed my phone .. there is a connector that can come loose and will cause your touch screen to malfunction .. good luck
    10-02-2014 06:30 PM
243 ... 78910