Play store menu button missing

Pulsez

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought an s3 and I have noticed that the menu button (3 dots on the top right) in play store Is missing.

fz0whh.png

Does anyone know how I can fix this

Thanks

Edit.........................

Finally got it working now I think Google updated the play store so now you have to click the left button on your phone (that semi square with two lines)and it opens up the menu.

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Complain to Google and wait for them to update the app?

There's no menu button there on mine, either, and I just got upgraded to the latest version of the Play store software. Moderately amusing that Google doesn't follow their own interface guidelines.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I personally never seen the onscreen menu button on the s3. I have on my nexus 7.

TMO GS3 * NEXUS 7

On the s3 you need to use your phones menu button while in Google Play to access GP's settings.
There are no dots like on the Nexus7.

So the Play Store app changes it's interface based on whether the phone has a menu button? That's weird. I've got plenty of apps that show the menu in the top right even though the S3 has it's own menu button. They both do the same thing.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So the Play Store app changes it's interface based on whether the phone has a menu button? That's weird. I've got plenty of apps that show the menu in the top right even though the S3 has it's own menu button. They both do the same thing.

I guess. I only see it when I'm on my nexus 7

TMO GS3 * NEXUS 7

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's so annoying - sometimes the menu button is there, sometimes it's not.
wth can't i just get to "my apps"

this has been driving me nuts for a long time - sometimes i can get to "my apps" sometimes i can't.

i wish they would stop messing with it - especially if they are going to move in the wrong direction.

while i'm ranting, i know this is a silly complaint but in my opinion "google play" is a stupid name anyway. most of the apps on my phone are for work and productivity, not "play"

what was wrong with Google Store or App Store?
Either way they can call it fluffy clown shoes if they'd just get it to work the same way every time

/sorry for the rant

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
while i'm ranting, i know this is a silly complaint but in my opinion "google play" is a stupid name anyway. most of the apps on my phone are for work and productivity, not "play"

what was wrong with Google Store or App Store?
Either way they can call it fluffy clown shoes if they'd just get it to work the same way every time

/sorry for the rant

It at one time was called Google App Store then Apple stepped in because it was close to the App Store name. Blame Apple again for this.

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I'm trying to help my daughter with her phone, which is also missing that menu option. She has an incorrectly typed e-mail address associated with the account, and all I need to do is select the correct account. I'm not seeing the square/box item you described. Can you post a pic of it or suggest another option to get to the menu? Thanks!

Aarya19

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem.
They have changed the format. To view it press the menu button ( the 3-4 horizontal lines on your cell phone) when you are on the play store page. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci