Hi all

Got my hands on my s3 yesterday and have obviously been playing with it since and getting used to the new features. Previous phone was HTC desire hd with froyo (or maybe gingerbread).

Anyway, messing with the alarm widget which came pre-installed I can't seem to turn it off. I set it to go off in two minutes and when it did I turned it off. When setting the alarm I only chose one day and didn't check the repeat weekly box. After exiting I noticed the alarm icon at the top of the screen, which I thought weird as I had only set it to go off once. So I opened the widget and saw the alarm was set for the same time tomorrow (friday). I tapped Friday (turning it from blue to grey) but when hitting save I'm told alarm is set for 23 hours 56 mins. Doing the same again only pressing cancel instead of save has the same result. Not tapping friday and trying both save and cancel again made no difference, as did deleting the widget from the homescreen: the icon was still in the notification bar. I even looked to see if I could un-install the widget but I can't.

Am I doing or missing something incredibly stupid or do I have an issue. Don't fancy a reset but will have to if it's my only option.

Cheers

Michael D
    Attached Thumbnails s3 stock alarm problem-screenshot_2013-04-18-08-08-24.png  
    04-18-2013 03:29 AM
    Hi all

Got my hands on my s3 yesterday and have obviously been playing with it since and getting used to the new features. Previous phone was HTC desire hd with froyo (or maybe gingerbread).

Anyway, messing with the alarm widget which came pre-installed I can't seem to turn it off. I set it to go off in two minutes and when it did I turned it off. When setting the alarm I only chose one day and didn't check the repeat weekly box. After exiting I noticed the alarm icon at the top of the screen, which I thought weird as I had only set it to go off once. So I opened the widget and saw the alarm was set for the same time tomorrow (friday). I tapped Friday (turning it from blue to grey) but when hitting save I'm told alarm is set for 23 hours 56 mins. Doing the same again only pressing cancel instead of save has the same result. Not tapping friday and trying both save and cancel again made no difference, as did deleting the widget from the homescreen: the icon was still in the notification bar. I even looked to see if I could un-install the widget but I can't.

Am I doing or missing something incredibly stupid or do I have an issue. Don't fancy a reset but will have to if it's my only option.

Cheers

Michael D
    Delete the alarm you set first which is the obvious way to go and you are done with it. Simple. Set a new alarm and try and see if your problem is cured and if so great, If not reset device.
    mazza4011 likes this.
    04-18-2013 09:36 AM
    Thanks Jag, that did the trick, though it's not the most obvious way to cancel an alarm.

Your help is most appreciated.

Michael D
    04-18-2013 12:46 PM
    Thanks Jag, that did the trick, though it's not the most obvious way to cancel an alarm.

Your help is most appreciated.

Michael D
    Well thank you very much for the acknowledgement. I agree it is not always the best way but the main thing is it worked and kept you from having to reset your phone which nobody likes to do.
    04-18-2013 01:17 PM