Dead galaxy S3!!!

legaltender

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My galaxy S3 Died suddenly back in March. It was the international version but I live in the US, after back and forth between samsung UK and US I was able to send it in for evaluation here in the US. Samsung took 2 weeks to tell me that it's a hardware related issue and that they don't have the components to repair it. Has anyone been through a similar situation and if so could you please advise as too what my next step should be. :'(

BTW: phone was not rooted and had latest firmware. Purchased from expansys.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I think your only real option for warranty repair is to convince Samsung UK to let you send it there. If they won't touch it, you'd probably need to send it to a private UK repair service, as I doubt any U.S. based repair services can get the international parts. Good luck.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
This is bs from Samsung. They sell the phone here through legitimate channels but won't honor the warranty?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
They sell the U.S. version of the phone here. The unbranded international version is essentially a completely different phone inside. Different motherboard, different cpu, different memory. Why would you think Samsung America would stock parts for a phone they don't sell in the Americas? That's like expecting Ford to stock parts for the Europe only Ford Ka in a warehouse in the U.S. Why on earth would they do that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar