starting to hate my phone couple of reasons

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok I am glad I have android beats my iphone but I have noticed that when setting wall paper I can pick a small section of a pic what gives. Iphone I can set the whole wallpaper/picture

Second one is my batt life only in 4g lte area started at 100% 2hrs and 55min of web. 26%

will cm10 help me out I did a factory wipe not by choice had to didnt back up when I went to carbon so I had to wipe and flash back

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been wondering if the droid can use the whole picture. I haven't have too much battery issues while on 4G since I have wifi.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S3 can use full picture for background. Actually I think all galaxy phones use full pic but my phone and HTC phones only let you use a small portion of picture which makes it pointless.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I can solve 4g lte problem quickly buy a ext batt charger i mean the phone is brand new only a 1-2month(s) old i think. But the wall paper issue is top number. One

Regular use with 4g I can hit 18 hrs.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Second one is my batt life only in 4g lte area started at 100% 2hrs and 55min of web. 26%

will cm10 help me out I did a factory wipe not by choice had to didnt back up when I went to carbon so I had to wipe and flash back

A different ROM may help with battery, but probably not by a huge amount. And it really depends on what's eating up the battery. To help diagnose it, can you post 3 screen images here? (Or better yet, in a new thread with a meaningful subject line.)

Go to Settings / battery, do a screen capture. Now tap the row that says Display, and do a screen capture of that. Finally, return to the battery page, tap the graph at the top, and capture that screen. Post all three screen captures as attachments, here. That'll give us an idea of what's really using up so much battery. 3 hours seems bad even on 4G. What carrier are you on?

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I will post results tonight running stock root using system tuner app will post pic. The results arnt that bad right now I am pulling almost 5hrs using Wi-Fi found a free one at doctors office (my friend is getting work done)

I am. Not making this up. I used cpu settings and set it lowest possible

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-04-19-12-30-18_zps68a9caa7.png

System tuner

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
That's really not telling us anything. Charge your phone to 100% and unplug it. That will reset the battery stats. Run it down to 50% or lower, and capture the screen shots describe in post # 8. You shouldn't need to throttle the phone back like that to get decent battery life. We're willing to help, but we need some data to go on.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
if i go back to austin tomorrow i will post back but i throttled her down to see what she will do before she was wide open. i pulled 9hrs with moderate use and wifi not bad today. i get good batt life almost 20hrs without using it much, at the house,

the phone is on full throttle about to get syngery rom really soon so i will see what that will do, i am trying different things i can always flash back and root again

the carrier is att,

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Update i haven't been using my phone much in the city so it's hard to test.

Did have a issue with charging last night using a ipad charger with usb ext and a charger that came with phone.
I plugged in at 33% had charging icon so I played games and listen to music I get a error message saying connect your charger. So I plugged the phone in With out the ext usb and it works strange it worked for countless nights with iphone and my Samsung

My phone does get brownie points for google wallet. Installed from xda one click will post results in new thread

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It's not clear to me which charger you were using when you got the warning, but one thing you should know: Apple chargers and the rest of the world of non-Apple devices are only partly compatible. I'll try to keep this short: ;)

The USB standard was originally developed for data transfer with computers, not charging devices. As such, it is a low power standard. Computer USB ports are generally limited to 500 milliamps (mA) output. A device like a cell phone can draw up to 1,000 mA (or occasionally more). Tablets generally draw 2 amps or more. Plugging a device that draws 2 amps into a computer USB port will fry the port. So device makers needed to come up with a way to detect whether the device is plugged into a computer, and limit the current draw, or into a charger, and allow the device to draw as much as it wants.

If you look at a USB plug, you'll see it has 4 contacts. The outer 2 carry power, the inner two carry data. When plugged into a charger, the inner two are not used, since the device only needs power. So the industry came up with this approach: high output chargers short the two contacts for data together. Phones and tablets can detect this, and decide what charging mode to use. Apple, of course, came up with it's own solution. It accomplishes exactly the same thing, but because it's proprietary they were able to patent it and charge royalties to anyone who wants to make an iDevice compatible charger.

Why does this matter, you're wondering? Because when you plug your Galaxy S3 into an iDevice charger, it doesn't detect the shorted data connections, and charges only at the slow rate, which is about 300 mA. When plugged into it's own charger, or any other non-iDevice charger, it will charge at a higher rate of about 800 mA. At the low charge setting, it may not keep up with cpu and screen intensive use of the phone, so you battery continues to drain. I assume that Apple devices charge only at the slow rate when plugged into a non-compatible charger, too, but don't know for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma