I have Android File Transfer on my Macbook. I see this program's Finder window, which shows all the files on my connected android phone. But how the heck do I get files to the Macbook? I don't see an option for copying or getting to the Macbook's Finder window.

Also, how do I tell what software is on this phone? I wasn't sure what specific operating system forum to post this question in.

Thanks for any help.
    04-18-2013 09:59 PM
    Sorry, I'm not a Mac user so I can't help you there.

What do you mean by "what software is on the phone"? Are you talking about what version of Android, or what applications are installed?

I'm assuming your phone is completely stock. So, at the bottom of the home screen is a group of five icons that show up on every home screen. This area is known as the dock. One of the icons should be a group of small dots. If you tap on that, it'll open what's called the app drawer, which will contain an icon for every application on your phone.

To see what version of the OS you're using, go to settings, scroll all the way to the bottom, and tap on About device.
    04-19-2013 08:09 AM