sudden notifications

tracivaughn

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Please help! I havent made any changes to my knowledge,but my S III started giving me verbal notifications for email, voicemail, text, etc. It started in the middle of the night so its been very disturbing. Ive tried all the regular fixes and cnt figure out whats wrong or changed.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
You've somehow activated Talkback. If you have Lighflow installed and are using the stock Touchwiz Launcher, that's likely the reason. LF and TW don't get along. To start, uninstall Lightflow, but that might not eliminate the problem.

Talkback is hard to turn off, because it affects how the system responds to touches. A single tap just reads what it is you're tapping on. To actually tap a button, you need to wait until the phone shuts up, then single tap it to set the focus, and then double tap the button or item you want to tap. In order to scroll a screen, you need to use two fingers. So, using double taps and two finger scrolls, and lots of patience, navigate to Settings / Accessibility and turn Talkback off.

If Lightflow was the trigger, and you want to keep using it, try using an alternate launcher. I like Nova better than TW in most respects anyway.

Edit: corrected the post above (with the text in red) to correct an omission.

Last edited:

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
If Lightflow was the trigger, and you want to keep using it, try using an alternate launcher. I like Nova better than TW in most respects anyway.
1) you can find info about it on the Lightflow page in Google Play 2) is this Talkback thing just for TouchWiz?

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
No, if you turn talkback on it takes affect with any launcher. Well, I don't know that for sure, but I know that Talkback works even with Nova launcher.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you enable "Driving mode" from the Notification bar, won't that cause similar behavior? It's pretty easy to accidentally turn that on.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol