Cant copy iTunes playlist to SD card

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
windows 7 tells me i cant copy the playlist there. I tired copying the playlist to my music library and then the SD card and still get the same error message. Sure hope theres a way to do this. i dont want to use double twist and use internal memory. Also is there any reason why i couldnt load itunes on a SD card? Thanks in advance

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
An iTunes playlist isn't a collection of songs. It's just a database of pointers to the actual songs. So even if you copy it, it won't do anything. What error message is Windows giving you?

I'm not sure what you mean by copying iTunes to the SD card? iTunes is an executable program that runs on Windows. Android can't do anything with it.

You don't need any software to copy music to the SD card. Connect the phone to your computer, and drag and drop music folders from your hard disk to a folder in the SD card. Then create whatever playlists you want on the phone.

Unfortunately, if you really want full integration with the Apple ecosystem, including iTunes, you need to stick with iOS devices. Too much of Apple's software is proprietary to enable other companies to provide the same level of integration.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
You can do it - here's how: first get your playlist up in itunes. Next, create a folder on your desktop/wherever with theplaylist name. Select all the songs in itunes and drag them into the folder. Now, export the playlist into the folder too by right-clicking it and selecting 'export'. Now you can drag the whole lot onto your SD card! And it should put al the songs in the playlist order too.
It's a bit of a hassle, but not too bad. I wish iTunes natively supported android, as I am one of those weirdos who likes it!

droidrider

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I use iSyncr from the playstore.
Download the app onto your phone, then you also need to install the iSynr program on your desktop from their website.
Just follow the simple tutorial and it should all go smoothly.

It also has WiFi syncing capability but I have not tried it. I just use USB to sync my iTunes, and it's been working flawlessly so far .

tbro4033

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
You can do it - here's how: first get your playlist up in itunes. Next, create a folder on your desktop/wherever with theplaylist name. Select all the songs in itunes and drag them into the folder. Now, export the playlist into the folder too by right-clicking it and selecting 'export'. Now you can drag the whole lot onto your SD card! And it should put al the songs in the playlist order too.
It's a bit of a hassle, but not too bad. I wish iTunes natively supported android, as I am one of those weirdos who likes it!

Ok, so say I have like 5 playlists I want to put on my SD card for use within the google music app. If a song appears in more than one of those playlists, and I accordingly make separate folders for each playlist, is that one song going to take up more space because it's duplicated?

Edit: I tested this method with one playlist and am not having any luck. I added all the songs from a particular playlist to a folder. I also exported the playlist itself out of iTunes to this folder, both as a text file and as m3u. I put the folder on the microSD card. While google recognizes the music when set to On Device, it doesn't recognize the playlist. What's the issue?

The only On Device playlist it shows is the crappy one I made on my phone a few weeks back. It's not recognizing the playlist files on the microSD.

Last edited:

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I found success using isync but you have to remove DMR or it wont load them onto the SD. Im so ******* DONE with itunes

royallauker

May 23, 2014
Visit site
windows 7 tells me i cant copy the playlist there. I tired transfer iTunes playlist to the Android and still get the same error message. Sure hope theres a way to do this. i dont want to use double twist and use internal memory. Also is there any reason why i couldnt load itunes on a SD card? Thanks in advance
You can transfer iTunes playlist to the Android mobile phone.
Frist,use iTools transfer playlist from Apple devices on your PC.
then,copy playlist to the internal memory in the Android mobile phone.
It is so simple!