Hi
    When I create an event on the Hotmail calendar using either the online Hotmail web page, my GS3 or my Tab 10.1, all devices show the event which is great.
    If I then edit an event (change the time for example) on one of my devices, the device shows the change but the other device and the online calendar do not.
    Only chances made on the device that created the event are updated on the others.
    Changes made on the online Hotmail calendar show up on all devices irrespective of which device created the event.

This seems to suggest that the online calendar has priority over everything and any edits done on either device only save locally on that device.
    Is this the correct behaviour?
    I would like to edit events on any device and have them synced to all the others as well as the online calendar.

I've looked at the settings and the only thing I can find that may be worth changing is on the Exchange Active Sync Settings on my phone and tablet, there is an option to set what has priority in case of conflict. Both devices are set to "Server has priority". I haven't changed this setting as I don't want to mess anything up.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    04-24-2013 09:10 AM
    Is Exchange Active Sync used for Hotmail accounts? I don't use Hotmail, but do use EAS to access my company Exchange email and calendar. My conflict setting is also set to server, but updates I make on my phone are synced to my corporate calendar. The conflict setting should only matter when you edit the same event in two different places. It should hurt anything to change it and see what happens, though.
    04-24-2013 02:07 PM
    The conflict setting should only matter when you edit the same event in two different places.
    Yes that's my problem. New items show on all devices. It's only when I edit an existing item on a different device to that which created it. Then the other devices aren't updated.
    I just wondered if this was normal and if it could be changed so any changes are reflected back to the server whatever the device editing it is.
    04-25-2013 07:54 AM
    Are you using the Hotmail app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.hotmail.Z7 - I'd think that would have a sync setting somewhere to allow you to push your changes to the server.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    04-25-2013 11:44 AM