Hi - I recently switched to a Galaxy S3 and have used Map-My-Ride on my old phones to track my cycling stats so naturally I decided to use it on the SIII. But I am having issues with the screen timing out. I have been searching the phone settings for an option to keep the screen from timing out but the longest option is 10 minutes. On my old phones I had the option of choosing "never" to have the screen time out. I contacted support for Map-My-Ride and they keep saying in the app itself is an option to choose which overrides the screen timeout settings on the phone but the option is not available even though they say it is. Now I am at a loss and am looking for help from you guys. Anyone have this issue or know how to solve it?? It's driving me nuts. Thanks!!
    04-24-2013 02:51 PM
    I have been using StayAwake
    Trees likes this.
    04-24-2013 05:02 PM
    Thanks! I'll give that a try!
    04-24-2013 06:52 PM
    Hi - I recently switched to a Galaxy S3 and have used Map-My-Ride on my old phones to track my cycling stats so naturally I decided to use it on the SIII. But I am having issues with the screen timing out. I have been searching the phone settings for an option to keep the screen from timing out but the longest option is 10 minutes. On my old phones I had the option of choosing "never" to have the screen time out. I contacted support for Map-My-Ride and they keep saying in the app itself is an option to choose which overrides the screen timeout settings on the phone but the option is not available even though they say it is. Now I am at a loss and am looking for help from you guys. Anyone have this issue or know how to solve it?? It's driving me nuts. Thanks!!
    Good post. I didn't realize I had this problem until now . On rides I usually keep my phone in a CamelBak, so the screen timeout is not a problem. When using the phone for hikes, though, I think what you're proposing is a good option to have. I just checked and also don't see where in the app to set a screen override.
    04-24-2013 07:43 PM
    Good post. I didn't realize I had this problem until now . On rides I usually keep my phone in a CamelBak, so the screen timeout is not a problem. When using the phone for hikes, though, I think what you're proposing is a good option to have. I just checked and also don't see where in the app to set a screen override.
    Dog5000 - The support group for MapMyRide insisted there as an option for that but I cannot find it anywhere. I even deleted the app and re-installed as they suggested and still got nothing. I have downloaded the StayAwake app and will give that a shot but it's unfortunate I have to have a separate app for that. It really should be an option in the app itself. It's like what's the point if I cannot see my stats as I ride. That's what the whole app is about!
    04-26-2013 11:06 AM
    Well, I'm not sure what the back light controlMap-My-Ride and Screen Timeout Issues-uploadfromtaptalk1367013689635.jpgactually does, since I just downloaded the app to see what was going on, but if it's not that then I don't see any other general setting like what you're describing. Unless there's something that only gets enabled once you start a workout.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    04-26-2013 05:01 PM
    Saw this solution on a post by ProblemShredder. I had same concern as you, but my concern was when using my phone in the car as a navigation device.

Prerequisite is phone being externally charged. You could accomplish this with an external battery. I recently purchased a 9,000 mah battery on Aamazon for about $45.

Ok, the setting you are looking for is under developer options. It's called "Stay awake".
    06-02-2013 03:01 PM
    By far and away the best option on android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lliscreen.full

Don't forget to enable device administration for the app

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 with a 7000mah extended battery... Because I'm not a chick with dainty hands or an HTC one user
    06-02-2013 06:06 PM
    Go to market and get screebl beta, it's free and is beta only because of jeleybean update. It will stay on when in a viewing position, but blanks the screen when the phone is laid down, (user adjustable)
    06-02-2013 10:19 PM
    Go to market and get screebl beta, it's free and is beta only because of jeleybean update. It will stay on when in a viewing position, but blanks the screen when the phone is laid down, (user adjustable)
    Those apps are good, but only in conjunction with an app like intelliscreen

Atleast that's how I use it I have apps that I want my timeout to be 'never' then I have apps that I want it to be on for 2 minutes, but sometimes I'm in that app in which the timeout is two minutes and I wanna keep reading, so I just hold my device in position and it doesn't go off

I don't use screebl anymore tho, I find 'keep screen on' to work better
    Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 with a 7000mah extended battery... Because I'm not a chick with dainty hands or an HTC one user
    06-02-2013 10:23 PM
    Hello, i'm a student from University of Madeira (Portugal), can you please help me and take this survey from MapMyRide?
    Its very important to me
    Thanks

https://pt.surveymonkey.com/s/VZKDTYZ
    10-28-2013 07:46 AM