attaching a file that is too large

Samantha Plath

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a galaxy s3 and I recorded a video that is 1:01 I went to send it as a message and it says unable to attach file too large please help me on how to send this in a text message. videos that I have recorded for 30 seconds well not even send in a text message please help

KaterinaM

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I thinl there must be some limit of text message size (you'd better check it with your carrier). But why not send such files as an email attachment.

CaneToad

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Turn the quality right down or select MMS mode in the camera menu which will limit the time you can film for, the lower the quality the longer the video. You cannot send a minute of 1080 video via MMS if you must film in 1080 then email it instead.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
File size limit is usually set by the Carrier. Go SMS Pro has a setting to increase it to 5MB. I have a 4 second video that is 8.66MB which is too large. As suggested above upload to the Cloud and Text a link.

Eulises Sanchez Jr

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I have a Samsung note 9 and had the same problems sending large video clips, I'm using Textra and in settings under mms i was able to change the size limit on the videos, now I send a video and it goes thru, takes forever tho and the recipient got it but the video is blurry and choppy. Not a good thing for me coming from an iPhone since day one to a Note 9 and not able to send a decent video clip, guess I'll going back to iPhone if Samsung can't resolve this problem tomorrow, smh......
20181028_234425.jpg

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung note 9 and had the same problems sending large video clips, I'm using Textra and in settings under mms i was able to change the size limit on the videos, now I send a video and it goes thru, takes forever tho and the recipient got it but the video is blurry and choppy. Not a good thing for me coming from an iPhone since day one to a Note 9 and not able to send a decent video clip, guess I'll going back to iPhone if Samsung can't resolve this problem tomorrow, smh......
View attachment 293102

It's not a Samsung related problem. Carriers severely restrict the size of an SMS, iPhone avoids this because iMessage isn't an SMS text. Apple hosts servers and iMessage is basically a web chat like Facebook messenger, and is able to set their own limits on photo/video quality.

The high quality video you're used to also only works iPhone to iPhone, send a video to someone with Android and it gets sent as an SMS and they get low quality crap on their end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol