S3 v IPhone SMS storage

Alex Plant

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,
I, like many people, have been eagerly awaiting the s4 release. There's been one thing that's bugging me though, and that's the storage of messages on the phone. No one else seems to care, but on my 4s, I would have around 50,000 SMS'. The message app however, does not lag at all. When trying to move these to my s3 (it has since been sold) the message app crashed and wouldn't open. Can anyone explain why a phone with the specs of an s3, can't handle as many, if not more messages than an iPhone? I just don't understand why with the power it has, it can't hold that amount of messages. And I hate the idea of not being able to store all my messages just because the message app is poorly designed, if that is the case. Does anyone know of this is a problem with the importing of messages? Has anyone out there got 1000's of messages on their s3/s4 without lag? Just for me, it's a deal breaker. But the s4 is everything I want asides from that! Any clarification from s3 users would be greatly appreciated!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Probably because Google and/or Samsung made a design decision that there wasn't a need to store 50,000 messages. I find myself wondering what one would ever need that huge an archive for, but to each his own.

Alex Plant

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeh true. I mean I agree it's a stupid thing to be obsessed with, but I just like having all my texts there, and not having to completely delete then, or move them to a different place!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae