Correcting misspelled word deletes entire text

cobaltgirl87

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem?

Sometimes when im writing a text, I will type up the whole thing, and then go back to correct misspelled words. Since the last update (prior to the one my phone got today), if I go back to a word, and click on it to correct it, and select the correct word, it ends up deleting my entire text and I end up with something "I'm nownlw" when in reality I had written a very long message. Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else, and if so, if there is a way to fix it?

Thank you!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
This has been reported by others, too. It seems to be a bug, and I don't recall seeing a fix, other than to install a different keyboard. In the opinion of many, the best traditional keyboard available is Swiftkey, but it costs a few bucks. There's a free 30 day trial if you want to check it out.

Another alternative is the free Google Jellybean keyboard: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...plbGx5YmVhbmtleWJvYXJkLmYuZyJd&token=hN2Zp5IK

Both of these are better than the stock Galaxy keyboard anyway, even if you don't factor in the bug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL